3 leased receivers?

moss

Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
I just got off the phone with DISH rep and he indicated that by Jan 1 there would be a program that would allow 3 leased receivers. Kept pressing for more details, but just insisted that the new promotion for next quarter would include option for 3 622's.

And really why wouldn't they. At $6 bucks a box per month, that's $18 clams and you haven't even watched one Seinfeld rerun yet !

You can have 3 leased receivers now. You just can't exceed 4 leased tuners. So 3x 311's all leased is permitted just fine. The 4 leased tuner policy however is a DISH company policy, and... well I personally wouldn't take company-wide changes in policy from a CSR, but maybe that's just me. Besides, at the cost of a 622, doesn't that sound just a little too good to be true?

If you press the issue, they will allow more than 3 leased tuners. I had to pay the price, $99 for first 622, $199 for the next 622, $99 for a 942 and both of my 510's were free.

With the HD-Platinum going to AEP + HD and going up $10, encouraging more leased 622s will drive more people to that tier. So E* might well try to get more subs to take multiple 622s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)