3-LNB versus 5-LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lenjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
What does the 5-LNB dish receive that the 3-LNB dish does not? I had a 3-LNB installed a month ago, along with an H20 for HD, but my order shows a 5- LNB. I appear to be receiving all that I'm supposed to. My satellite locals are not broadcast in HD (Harrisburg PA area). I'm too far out to get my OTA locals in HD.

I called DTV and they instantly agreed to send an installer to remove the 3-LNB and install a 5-LNB, at no charge as was the original install.

What does the 5-LNB dish receive that the 3-LNB dish does not? I had a 3-LNB installed a month ago, along with an H20 for HD, but my order shows a 5- LNB. I appear to be receiving all that I'm supposed to. My satellite locals are not broadcast in HD (Harrisburg PA area). I'm too far out to get my OTA locals in HD.

I called DTV and they instantly agreed to send an installer to remove the 3-LNB and install a 5-LNB, at no charge as was the original install.

Initially you will not see any additional channels with the 5 LNB dish. Harrisburg locals are on the list to be added before the end of the year (pending agreements between DTV and the local stations). Next year there will be two additional satellites requiring it. These will carry more locals as well as national channels in HD. There has been speculation that the HD channels on 110/119 may eventually move there, as well.

Thanks...very helpful. Do you find it surprising that they tried to stick me with a 3-lnb? Of course it could've been the installer, who aside from this, did a very nice job.

Thanks...very helpful. Do you find it surprising that they tried to stick me with a 3-lnb? Of course it could've been the installer, who aside from this, did a very nice job.

You may have gotten the 5 lnb and not realized it. Does it have one large lnb and two off to the side with cables attached? If so, that's the AT9 5lnb dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)