3 LNB vs 5 LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
on saturday D* installed a 3 lnb on my dish. i had a 5 lnb on my previous home. is the smaller lnb more susceptible to rain fade? its still installed on the large slimline dish. with the 5lnb I rarely experienced rain fade and on the first day of having the 3 lnb i already experienced rain fade for almost 20 minutes. the signals are in the 90's on all 4 sats. 99,101 and 103 ca cb

It could be a problem with the LNB. Or water infiltration in the LNB or cable connections.

FYI, the 99, 101, 103 LNB is housed in the same assembly regardless of 3LNB or 5LNB.

Do you get HD local stations? Some markets use the 3 lnb dish, while others are getting the locals off of the 119 so they need the 5 lnb. Maybe you moved into a different market or recently started getting the HD locals....at any rate the signal strength should be the same as long as the tech dithered the dish properly.

my locals are now off the 110 and 119 so i no longer needed the 5lnb.

here's a pic of the 3lnb swm

80.jpg

and a pic of the 5lnb swm

80.jpg

i see no water coming in the 3lnb that i now have.

Your locals were probably never on 119 to begin with (there were not ANY locals on 110 anyway...) - but when you got your first slimline, there was ONLY 5LNB models, as not all the national HD had been migrated from 110/119. Now that it is, that's way you now got a 3LNB.

Your locals were probably never on 119 to begin with (there were not ANY locals on 110 anyway...) - but when you got your first slimline, there was ONLY 5LNB models, as not all the national HD had been migrated from 110/119. Now that it is, that's way you now got a 3LNB.

That's true. There wasn't a 3lnb swm yet.

Unless you need Spanish channels or your SD locals are on 119 you dont need the 5 LNB setup

110 is vacant right now

Unless you need Spanish channels or your SD locals are on 119 you dont need the 5 LNB setup

110 is vacant right now

That's correct bud. Thanks for the responses guys.

110 is vacant right now

It is nice to have the Spanish channels for a month. MY locals are SD, to I tuned to Univision HD to watch the world cup finals and had a 2nd receiver in the same room playing the english audio. :)

Iceberg is correct about most people having no need for 110/119 unless your wanting to watch the 7th day adv. or Jewish religious channels that are part of the base package but stuck on 119. I think there are still a couple SonicTap stations out there as well....but I haven't looked into it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts