3 Year Price Lock Details

FletchUAVDrvr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
While at CES I heard there was a new promotion coming, once the current 2 Year Lock deal expires later this week. Rumor is a 3 Year Price Lock will be offered, but I can't find any additional information on it. Anyone have the details?

It's basically the same. The 3yr price lock does NOT include the dvr fee but does guarantee the equipment fees to remain the same. You'll be obligated to a 24 month commitment but the price will be guaranteed for 3 yrs for programming and equipment.

Dish's site will have all the details starting 1/14.

Thanks for the info. Are they throwing in the Netflix deal?

I'm holding out until the Hopper 3 is released before signing up.

Yes, Netflix is still part of it. I don't believe the multi sport is though.

Package Everyday Price Promo Price
AT 120 Plus $69.99 $49.99
AT 200 $79.99 $64.99
AT 250 $89.99 $74.99

This is the 3 year price lock promo and the price is including a $10 discount when doing eBill and AutoPay, otherwise add $10 to the promo price.

They are still offering the first year discount promo. You save more in the first year but goes to regular price the second year.

AT 120 $64.99 $34.99
AT 120 Plus $69.99 $39.99
AT 200 $79.99 $44.99
AT 250 $89.99 $49.99
Everything $139.99 $99.99

Edit: Sorry it didn't format correctly. Hopefully it makes sense.

So a new subscriber signing for the Hopper 3 and AT200 would have $15 for the Hopper and $64.99 for AT200. The current promo includes the DVR fee.

Will the programming fee include any additional charges for a Joey/Super Joey since you now have to pay for the DVR?

All Additional Receiver fees and the DVR fee are not included in the promotional price. However, the rate of these fees (at the point of sale) are guaranteed for the 3-year promotional period.

I have not personally done the math to compare the promos. However a person can signup now and schedule the install out beyond the end of the month. An order will automatically cancel itself out if is not installed within 30 days.

C/P:
If an account is built prior to Jan. 14, 2016, but is modified on or after Jan. 14, 2016, the customer will have the option of either the 3-Year TV Price Guarantee, the First Year Savings Offer or None as only current promotions will be available in the system.

My guess is that if an order is modified you'd still be up the creek without a paddle which is paying the dvr fee.

Will DISH be doing anything for existing customers willing to sign 36 month commitments?
I know they give periodic deals on free/discounted premiums, but I would rather see a better price break for customers like me that have phone/internet/TV, all three with DISH. Adding in International Indian packages, really racks up the bill!

Will DISH be doing anything for existing customers willing to sign 36 month commitments?
I know they give periodic deals on free/discounted premiums, but I would rather see a better price break for customers like me that have phone/internet/TV, all three with DISH. Adding in International Indian packages, really racks up the bill!

Nope. I don't see them coming up with anything like it soon either.

When you say the 3 yr program will not include the DVR fee are you speaking of the $15/mo fee for the Hopper 3?

So essentially sign up today and get 2 years at $49.99 for a Hopper 2.
Signup in a few days and get 3 years at $64.99 with Hopper 3?

Over the 3rd year and having the price lock to avoid package and receiver fee increases, the monthly cost almost washes out the $15/mo increase now but the savings in year 3. Plus you would get the better hardware.

I've been on Directv for nearly 10 years, but this is getting pretty tempting. I love the idea of a price lock that could get my bill under $75 with 2 receivers, or more likely $90 as I think I would end up paying the difference for the top 200. Either way it is at least $25/mo less than I'm paying DirecTV now, plus whatever price increases they have over the next 2 years.

Three questions coming to my mind as I think about my options, I'm sure most Dish folks know these pretty easy:

1 - I know they use PT HD RSNs, but do most to all pro games show on Dish in HD? 10 years ago it was around half, I would assume it is much better now?
Example being FS Detroit, between Tigers and Wings I would assume a non-HD game would be rare as FS Detroit is 100% HD now.

2 - The "east arc" Hybrid LNB only appears to get 61.5 and 72.7 - what happened to 77? Is there capacity concerns only having the two locations?

3 - How is the picture quality today compared to years ago. "HD Lite" was real last I had dish, have they improved it or is it still noticeably lower than HD should be?

just wait till elon musk / space x rolls out his high speed internet supporting cord cutters, heck elon might make a cord cutter offer built in.

this will kill tv providers, or cause their business model to collapse

just wait till elon musk / space x rolls out his high speed internet supporting cord cutters, heck elon might make a cord cutter offer built in.

this will kill tv providers, or cause their business model to collapse
Ok. I'll bite. What is Elon Musk's new idea for high speed internet?

Three questions coming to my mind as I think about my options, I'm sure most Dish folks know these pretty easy:

1 - I know they use PT HD RSNs, but do most to all pro games show on Dish in HD? 10 years ago it was around half, I would assume it is much better now?
Example being FS Detroit, between Tigers and Wings I would assume a non-HD game would be rare as FS Detroit is 100% HD now.

2 - The "east arc" Hybrid LNB only appears to get 61.5 and 72.7 - what happened to 77? Is there capacity concerns only having the two locations?

3 - How is the picture quality today compared to years ago. "HD Lite" was real last I had dish, have they improved it or is it still noticeably lower than HD should be?

most all the games are in HD. I would say from my experience about 99 percent in HD. I only can think of a few that were not and I watch the Pistons, red wings and Tigers.

Reactions: jcrandall
When you say the 3 yr program will not include the DVR fee are you speaking of the $15/mo fee for the Hopper 3?

Yes, the new promo does not include the dvr fee.

That is correct also.

A sports fan will have to answer that.

77 has 4 dma's on it, other than that you would get all your programming thru 61.5 & 72.7.

The hopper is comparable in pq to directv imo. If anything directv may have a slight edge. Definitely not a game changer imo.

Reactions: jcrandall

Over the 3rd year and having the price lock to avoid package and receiver fee increases, the monthly cost almost washes out the $15/mo increase now but the savings in year 3. Plus you would get the better hardware.

I want to make sure that I'm also clear on this since today is the last day of the 2-year price lock special.

Signing up today (2yr) I would pay $49.99 which includes a FREE Hopper 2 DVR for two years.

Sign up tomorrow (3yr lock) I would pay $49.99 PLUS $15 DVR fee and get the Hopper 3, which is all locked in for 3 years, with a 2 year commitment for a total of $64.99 plus tax.

While I love new tech and it looks like the Hopper 3 is awesome, is it worth the extra $360 over 2 years (for the casual home viewer)? (When I say sign up tomorrow, I realize the Hopper 3 won't be out for a few more weeks at best and I would have to wait until it's available).