3 Year Price Lock Details

just wait till elon musk / space x rolls out his high speed internet supporting cord cutters, heck elon might make a cord cutter offer built in.

this will kill tv providers, or cause their business model to collapse

If your goal is to live a little longer and watch some TV, don't hold your breath waiting for that or expecting anything revolutionary by the time it ever does get up and running.

Too bad this looks like a pipedream. Plenty of localities could use a decent broadband alternative to the monopoly cable provider.

I want to make sure that I'm also clear on this since today is the last day of the 2-year price lock special.

Signing up today (2yr) I would pay $49.99 which includes a FREE Hopper 2 DVR for two years.

Sign up tomorrow (3yr lock) I would pay $49.99 PLUS $15 DVR fee and get the Hopper 3, which is all locked in for 3 years, with a 2 year commitment for a total of $64.99 plus tax.

While I love new tech and it looks like the Hopper 3 is awesome, is it worth the extra $360 over 2 years (for the casual home viewer)? (When I say sign up tomorrow, I realize the Hopper 3 won't be out for a few more weeks at best and I would have to wait until it's available).

I think you're right, but should also consider that you will get package savings in the third year that you would not otherwise. Savings right now are around $15, plus assume future price increase around $5/yr, and you are saving at least $25/mo in the third year, which offsets at least half of the $15 extra cost (DVR fee) in year one and two.

Over three years I think it is pretty close, and you have the price security for the extra year which is nice.

im just surprised that they are not offering for current customers i understand they have to make money and all but gettign every one back into two year contracts seems like a god deal for them

Just so you know, If you take the $49.99 price lock offer, You can't change your basepackage/ upgrade, or you will not be able to get that $49.99 price again.
It will be $54.99

In other words if you signed up for 120+ for $49.99, and you decide you want Top 200 for $64.99, and a Month later you decide you want to downgrade back to the 120+ Package it will now be $54.99, Not $49.99.

Just keep that in mind.
Wasn't a big deal for me , Because I went right to the Top 250 for $74.99.

But to someone who may have a tight budget, this might become an issue.
86e0ebcb3f6fea77eac9b7d0be6170e4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ngamtns706
im just surprised that they are not offering for current customers i understand they have to make money and all but gettign every one back into two year contracts seems like a god deal for them

It's been this way for as long as I can remember. If anything, it's much better now than it use to be. This helps prevent people from wanting to change out equipment often and costing Dish a lot of money.

I think people are making this a bigger deal than it is. If your account is in good standing the receiver upgrade will be free but you will have to pay the tech visit fee. So it will cost you $95 or $15 depending if you have the protection plan or not. If you want you can even try seeing if Dish will waive the fee for you, just like when people try getting discounts on their bill.

Just so you know, If you take the $49.99 price lock offer, You can't change your basepackage/ upgrade, or you will not be able to get that $49.99 price again.
It will be $54.99

In other words if you signed up for 120+ for $49.99, and you decide you want Top 200 for $64.99, and a Month later you decide you want to downgrade back to the 120+ Package it will now be $54.99, Not $49.99.

Just keep that in mind.
Wasn't a big deal for me , Because I went right to the Top 250 for $74.99.

But to someone who may have a tight budget, this might become an issue.

This is not true. As long as you keep qualifying programming you will keep what ever the promotional price is. Even if you drop to programming that doesn't qualify and then go back to programming that does qualify you will get that programming's discount.

This is not true. As long as you keep qualifying programming you will keep what ever the promotional price is. Even if you drop to programming that doesn't qualify and then go back to programming that does qualify you will get that programming's discount.
This is totally true, Only the Top 200 and 250 price will remain the same.
Not the top 120+
I am under this price lock right now.
I know what it cost.
You will not get the 120+ for $49.99 it will be $54.99 if you change from that package.
$54.99 is still a Promo price.
I even posted a picture of the price lock.

This is from the most updated offer sheet that Dish has for retailers.

- If a customer who selected the 3-year TV Price Guarantee Offer downgrades to a package that is not eligible for the Offer selected, they will lose their promotional price.
- If the customer upgrades back to an eligible package, they will receive promotional pricing that will be confirmed at the time of the upgrade; through the promotional period (36 months), based on their initial activation date.
- If a customer who selected the 3-year TV Price Guarantee Offer upgrades or downgrades to another package that is eligible for the Offer, they will receive promotional pricing that will be confirmed at the time of the upgrade; through the promotional period (36 months), based on their initial activation date.

OK - I'm confused. The price listed here by Troch77 in post #27 is for programming only, not equipment?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The offer is for programming. It also includes the first receiver, HD programming and the regional sports channel. It does not include any DVR fee or extra equipment fees.

I already posted the prices in the retailer chat thread.
By the way, Remember we were talking about the Price lock and the $49.99 disappearing and going to $54.99

You are 100% correct on the 3 year price lock offer .
120+ will stay at $49.99
But the old 2 Year price lock does go to $54.99 if you Change your Basepackage from 120 Plus and try and go back.

BUT if you call Dish they will change your account to go back to $49.99.
But you must call them , and don't do it online or you won't get that rate.
They will then re flag your account properly.

Here is after Dish re Flagged the account.
So if it doesn't look like this you must call.
662ae90b86569c415d77b6ccb412a122.jpg

Will the 3 year price lock end 4/4/16 or just the deal with the free one year of Netflix?

Is there anything new coming down the road? I am waiting to finish remodeling my home before I will need TV service. I hope to be finished by June/July.