30 inch dish and one bird only!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

If you were to pick only one bird to look at with your 30 inch dish, would Galaxy 10 be the winner??

depends on what you want

-For alot of us G10 is the winner because it has the most English channels on it
-But if you are from another country, IA5 would probably be it because it may have channels from your home land
-If you want news feeds, IA6 would be your winner

or if you have a specific channel (say PBS) then AMC3

ok..here is what i am looking for...i have a spare room in the house that now and then the inlaws come over..about once a month...i realy dont feel like droping money on another direct receiver and 5 bucks a month for when they come over for a weekend. So...i noticed that Galaxy 10 has some locals on there from other cities and i am assuming that you will watch national programs from those feeds, correct? I can kill two brids with one stone...start a fun hobby and lets inlaws watch tv...

now...if i give you my zip code, can someone tell me that I can get Galaxy 10>>>

yes there are some nets on there so it wouold work just fine :)

yep zip code/postal code/city & state (one of them) will work :)

easton, pa is the city....

so, Iceberg...you think, i should go with that one??

Easton PA (40.68N 75.22W)

elevation 22.6
azimuth 250
skew +40

I would do that...it gives you the option to put it in a bedroom and get all the nets but CBS & NBC (you'll get WB, UPN, FOX, ABC, Univision) and you can always get a motor later and see all thats out there :)

john green

we use to have CBS & NBC on G10...but those moved to C-band (they were for the US Virgin Islands)

ok...next quesiton...sorry to be a pain and make you work for this one..but...will it point around the same direction as my direct tv dish..southern sky?? I have AT-9 for direct mounted a beam on my deck...i was doing to do the same with this...here is pick were DTV dish is mounted..i was going to do it a few beams in on the deck..

here is a link to my AT-9 install...if you look at the 2nd picture..i was going to try to mount the dish on the middle beam...possible???

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57893

G10 is at 123 degrees west

In the 1st picture, the LNB to the far left (farthest away) is 119. But on a multiLNB dish, they go backwards on the arc due to the reflect...so mount in the general direction of that one but it would be a little farther west

ok..one last question for the night...

This non motorized system from Sadoun..is this a good starter set??
S-1 FTA-Classic Choice Set

I knew i would have another question...for my area in the north..what size dish should I get????

You should be good with 30" for getting G10.However you will read here often that the bigger you can get the better.

30" would be fine but a 36" would be better :)

I'm farther north than you (Minneapolis, MN 45N 93.5W) and I use a 36" for G10 (its a fixed dish). One of the transponders on there (the one that has most of the UNivisions and stuff...11720 frequency) is hard to get due to adjacent satellite interference. a 30" will work but a cloud cover nukes the signal. The one that has most of the nets is fine with either. If you get the setup at Sadoun, I'd spring the extra $15 for the larger dish

My avatar is a picture of my Direcpc that is aimed at G10 and it works pretty well.As Iceberg says,weather conditions can be a pain.Go as big as you can afford.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts