30'' round dish, how to get 97W and 95W at once?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

senia

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Is there any way to receive 97W and 95W with a 30 inch round dish at once (different receivers) with such a close separation between the two. Are there very small lnbs that can fit in such a close space? I don't think i want to get a motor, too much trouble. There might be a way to just get small enough lnbs or get some kind of addition reflector where the the lnbs are to move to spread the rectedsignals a bit?

Thanks

Last edited:
No WAY! With regular LNB's WAY too close!

I used to use the below to get both 101 and 99w at the same time, that would be the ONLY way it would be possible!

Maybe easier just getting an other dish!

Attachments

• Pict0111.JPG
    Pict0111.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 445
  • Pict0118.JPG
    Pict0118.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 443
  • Pict0123.JPG
    Pict0123.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 397
Well, getting another dish is not easier (no space for it on the balcony - the wife already getting ticked off with 3 dishes),it is probably easier to get a motor, and control it with the FTA receiver and then, put the dish back for DirectTV use for 95.

Oh, well.....

Reactions: prop
Lets see, wife, motor, more dishes? Dude, you may wanna check out the torodial dish. Doesn't that allow multiple LNBS? Correct me if i'm wrong PSB. That might work.

I don't wanna lose the dish or the wife if i was in your shoes! I know what the dish means to us all!

Iceberg said:
Pete where did you get one of those LNB's?

Looks pretty neat :)

Its from an old DirectDuo dish that I used to install for DirecPC, thats the last one I have (I think). One LNB looked at 101ºw and the other was pointing at G4R @ 99ºW

Oh so one is DBS and the other is KU?

I remember my old DirecPC dish had the rectangle KU and the pencil DBS one :D

It has two 120mm flanges! So 2 LNB's can simply be bolted on! May have to file a flat on each one! No BIG deal!

Use a fence post and stack them

I have stacked 2 dishes on one 6ft 1 5/8" OD fence post with no problems. In fact there is room to add a little 18" dish on top if I wanted to. I used elliptical dishes which are pretty wide (36") but not that tall but I am sure that two round dishes should fit too. I do really like my converted DirectTV International dishes for their wide but short form factor however.

So, what happens if I have signals from both satellites on one LNB? Can i use an LNB with two LNBs inside, and a wide hole to get both satellites?

2º? I can do that.

Ever see the SuperDish 121/119 LNB assembly?
I've posted pictures in another thread.
They look at 121 and 119 - that's your 2º of separation. :)
Problem is, this assembly has one linear FSS LNB and one circular DBS LNB.
The simple solution is to get two assemblies, and mix parts to put two FSS linear LNBs onto one horn.

correction:
You might be able to convert the circular 119 LNB to linear, but...
the average person cannot easily move the local oscillator frequency and retune the LNB for the FSS band.

Last edited:
You cannot convert the 119 circular LNB to linear, since it would then be on the wrong frequency.

That's not exactly true. If you're really into toying with satellite receiving and electronics, the old Direct TV LNBs that can be converted to FTA use. I've converted a couple of them myself. There's a procedure on the 'net that talks about super-glueing small pieces of ceramic to the resonating puck till it comes into the proper frequency range. I found that procedure too time-consuming and delicate. I use old c-band resonating pucks and modify them to fit on the new puck and then adjust them till they work at the right frequency. They've turned out to be very stable and strong LNBs. Have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts