3000 Receiver replaced with 4900 - Box too small to ship 3000 back - Dish does nothin

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Dish Network says they cannot do anything about having too small of a shipping box to send the 3000 back. Account is going to be charged for a 3000 if nothing can be done. What can one do about this? Who needs to contacted regarding this issue? CSR was brainless when it comes to this and couldnt tell me anything. Notes were put on the account.

Duct tape will get it done. Who says it needs to be returned pretty? Besides, do you really think that they'll even boot that 3000?

CSR Idiots!....Get a box cutter and make it fit as best you can, then wrap the thing in packing tape and send it back to them. It'll serve em right. :devil:

I agree with Cyclone, they're going to toss the thing right in the scrap pile anyway.

NightRyder

Last edited:
If you think thats bad, they did the same thing to me when they sent me a model 942 to replace my Model 921.

Id just slap the return label on the receiver and hand it to the UPS man without a box!!!!!

But seriously, find any box shove the old receiver in there and send it back. I doubt they will even fire it up. They will probably salvage the access card and junk the receiver.

Besides the value of the access card, they are probably loosing money paying to ship it back and have the store it in their warehouse!

They said that they cannot ship out boxes, only ARS labels. They will charge me for the receiver if there is damage found due to customer abuse (or if it shows sign of damage during transit as there is no insurance if the item is not packaged correctly). No way am I going to be held liable for someone else's negligence. It would be my luck that I would get charged for something like that.

I would think that they would have known better than to pull this stunt by now. I wonder what happened to all those other people that got a different box than what the receiver needs.

I know you shouldn't have to but your best just to take it to a shipping store (ie the UPS Store or Mailboxes ETC) and have them pack it and ship it. It may cost you $30 as it cost me, but atleast you will won't have to worry about it. If it gets damaged in shipping you can blame UPS/MBE.

Stargazer said:
They said that they cannot ship out boxes, only ARS labels...
Yet they sent me an empty box I didn't need or ask for just in case I wanted to send back a legacy 1000 that I deactivated for the $25 credit. I assume there's a label inside. Has the fancy Dish logo stuff all over it, etc.

Stargazer, what size is your receiver? I'll check to see if that box is big enough, then if you'll PM me your address (home or work, not a P.O. box) I'll send it to you - couldn't cost more than a buck or so which I'll glady pay for a fellow member.

Failing that, just stop by your local big box store and ask for an empty with some peanuts. Should be a freebee...

The nearest UPS Store/MBE is 100 miles roundtrip. I would have more in the dang receiver than what it is worth.

The size of the 3000 receiver itself is 16 (L) x 12 (W) x 3 (H)

I had the same problem when one of my 4000s died and they sent me a 4900 in exchange (box too small). Couldn't pack it well--only shoehorn it in so I called CS and asked if they had a bigger box. No such luck, they just put a note on the account that the receiver was too big for the box and left it at that.

Never heard another thing about it so it either got there in one piece or they really didn't give a damn about it anyway.

Call back and ask to talk to someone in the executive office or in retention otherwise your gonna chuck it all out the window and cancel out your credit cards and empty your bank account in 3 mins so that they dont get a dime.

Van said:
Nope, they'll refurb the receiver, had a customer ra one a month ago and they sent him a replacement 3000.
I agree. People who have old receivers and insurance are given old receivers, not new ones. That's why I don't have insurance. I'd rather get one off of E Bay instead. Samething for the remotes

Ron

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)