301 receiver for dish network

TNTraverler

Original poster
May 12, 2009
Tennessee
Will my card that is being used in a 301 receiver in the house, be used in another 301 receiver, that I would like to purchase and install in my RV, or do you have to purchased a new card? Reason I'm asking is that it would be nice to have a second receiver in the RV rather then take the one from the house. This way only have to remove the card.

In Europe where satellite providers like Canaldigital sell cards only and customer usually buy DVB-S receivers from stores it would work. However with Dish network it does not. You can call Dish and reguest a new purple card. Let them know it is for your RV.

This is from Dish website:

Mobile Service is for people on the go, such as truck drivers and RV owners. You can order up to nine movies before your smart card becomes full. Once your smart card becomes full you will need to connect your receiver to a phone line in order to clear the purchases. This service is $20.00 per year (not available monthly), and is only available on one receiver per account. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-888-686-2388 to start Mobile Service.

Ever consider dish flex?

Try buying a 301 on ebay and call dish and have it put on flex pay, pay for only the time you need it in 1 month incriments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)