301d reciever replacement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
i had call dish network about a question about something and they told me i had a upgrade reciever on my old 301d reciever so i said ok go ahead and send me out one. that will be no cost to me is this reciever replacement. im curioues will it be a owned reciever or a leased reciever ? as i went back in my account its said its leased. i currenty dont have a contract with them and i own all of my recievers. has any have this happened oh by the way their sending me a 311 reciever

Last edited:
301 is a legacy receiver, so come May, it will be defunct. The receiver they sent, was it a 211? It should be a purchase for purchase, lease for lease. It should not have started a commitment, regardless of what's happening, as you did not do a DIU

Dish is going to swap out your receiver with a 211 receiver. I can't guarantee that you won't have to renew a contract. Since you have to replace the receiver I've thinking you won't have to though.

Dish is going to swap out your receiver with a 211 receiver. I can't guarantee that you won't have to renew a contract. Since you have to replace the receiver I've thinking you won't have to though.
In his original post he states DISH is replacing 301 with 311.

They probably just RA'd it then, rather then doing the switch out. If they did the switch out, it would be a 211, as I'm almost positive @Scherrman was thinking.

If the OP still has a receipt for his 301, he should contact DIRT to get that 'leased' receiver changed to owned.
Does an owned 311 rather than a leased 311 really make any difference, by the time he is ready to get rid of it it won't be worth any more than his 301 currently is. Now if it was a Hopper maybe a different story.

i had call dish network about a question about something and they told me i had a upgrade reciever on my old 301d reciever so i said ok go ahead and send me out one. that will be no cost to me is this reciever replacement. im curioues will it be a owned reciever or a leased reciever ? as i went back in my account its said its leased. i currenty dont have a contract with them and i own all of my recievers. has any have this happened oh by the way their sending me a 311 reciever
how do i contact this dirt team?

They are the names posting in RED. If you go to the Dish Support home page, you should see a "Available to help" or something of that nature with their name@Dish

One advantage to owned is that you would not have to pay the return fee if you shut dish off, you would not be subjected to minimal package required under a lease, you can sell the equipment when you are done with it and if you chose to keep it then you can simply reactivate it when you want.

On the migrations, the customer, even if they own the old 301, will be moved to a leased receiver of the newer variety (311, or for most, a 211 series). The customer can ask about moving to a purchased 311 or 211. Obviously a purchased receiver does not create a 24 month commit, but the customer would also be required to pay something for the new receiver. It's not done via the RA process, it's done via the Change Receiver program (formerly known as DIU, Dish'n it Up). When the receiver change is required, there is no cost or obligation for the customer, even for a leased receiver, other than the customer hearing the leased receiver disclosure, that they will have to return the new receiver (not the old one) if the customer were to cancel their service.

I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, I'm sure it could be argued that a purchased 301 (or older) should be replaced with a purchased 311 or 211. I'd be more inclined to agree on the 311, but the 211 series is a more expensive line.

Oh, also...LOL...don't try to buy a 311 from Dish right now. The cost is usually $200, where a purchased 211-series is $99. You can see that Dish is obviously trying to discourage the purchase of a 311.

I just gave up Dish Network after more than 14 years. Dish has always been very good to me until recently and now "not so much". The thing that Dish and Direct need to understand is they are not the only game in town. I have better programming, less hassle and local customer service for about the same price and that was with Dish giving me discounts. On the line of the discussions above I once had a 301D receiver but when they installed the 722J the guy said the did not want it and neither did Dish, so it stayed with me. My wife just informed me we still have it in the closet. When Dish sent me a message on what to return they listed the 301D but told me NOT to return it. Heck I did not even know what a 301D was until I looked it up.
My biggest problem with Dish Network is they have hundreds, maybe thousands of representatives and each one of them tell you something different. When this happens it creates confusion and when I get confused I tend to not stick around very long. I wanted to buy one of the 722s but when I was ready to make the deal the rep said the price was somewhere between $49 and $349, could not take that chance as I was told I could buy it for $100 which I would have gladly paid. Anyway Dish Network representatives have really turned me off as of late as they seem to be a different breed or maybe Dish is going in a different direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)