301E receiver compatiblity with 118/119 LNB?

Mramsey

Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
CA
I have a 301E receiver with software version P396 (the latest). My LNB was stolen so I bought a couple of replacements online. They are the 118/119 version (labeled Echo 2008 on the LNB).

I can't get the receiver to work with the LNB. Check Switch shows it as a "Unknown Device". I only receive 118 channels (which I don't subscribe to).

Will these two work together? How do I receive 119 with this combo?

nope. You need the actual Dish LNB...most of the aftermarket ones will not work

I'm confused as to why you say you get 118 channels that you dont subscribe to? If you dont subscribe to Int'l channels why have the 118 LNB?

nope. You need the actual Dish LNB...most of the aftermarket ones will not work

I'm confused as to why you say you get 118 channels that you dont subscribe to? If you dont subscribe to Int'l channels why have the 118 LNB?

Hm, so how do I get a true Dish LNB? Bought these on eBay. 'Bout the only ones available were 118/119 combos. I don't need 118, just 119. And, I'm not really receiving 118 channels - but it's the only sat that shows up.

Call up Dish...they would have the part

What dish do you have now? D500+ ? D1000+ ?

The aftermarket LNB's were designed, well basically, to steal Dish service. But that got clamped down :)
Also, the LNB"s on your existing setup are DishPro and those aftermarket ones would be considered Legacy and you cant Mix DishPro & Legacy LNB's together

but if you dont need 118 you should be able to get a DishPro dual or single. I dont know if a Twin would work. The Twin would have 110/119 in one

Most of my receivers are on a Dish 500 dish but this one is in a location where it needs a 6ft dish. It used to work with a generic LNB - could even use a Direct LNB and it worked. All I want to receive on this unit is 119.

Sounds like Dish may have upgraded things such that the generic LNBs no longer work. I'll try to get a single sat DishPro LNB.

If all you want is 119 then yes any LNB will work
DishPro single/DishPro Dual
DirecTV single or dual
Dish Legacy Dual or single

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)