30SLIP/30SKIP cannot change it on a new HR54

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
I am familiar how to change the 30SLIP to 30SKIP on older receivers, I have done it several time before.
For some reason it doesn't work on my brand new HR54, any ideas?

I did it on the 54 last week.
There is a stickie thread here that will tell you exactly what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

OK, searching for 30SKIP didn't work but 30 SKIP (with a space) works!

Now I am trying to switch back from "30 Skip" to "30 Slip" and nothing works to switch it back, any suggestions?

Now I am trying to switch back from "30 Skip" to "30 Slip" and nothing works to switch it back, any suggestions?
Should be the same as you did before
30 skip or
30 slip

Sorry, I don't have one to try it with, but it works on the HR44 fine, theres not much difference between the two units.

As I said, I have done that several time before on the HR34 and HR44. I was always able to switch it back and forth and the keyword was 30skip & 30slip without any space. Now on the HR54 it worked only with a space between the 30 & skip but it wouldn't switch back to 30 slip with or without the space.

The reason I want to switch back to the 30 slip is as I posted separately, for some reason I lost the horizontal scroll bar on the client when I hit the Advance button (30 skip). I am not sure if it has anything to do with the fact I changed the 30 slip to 30 skip or it it is just a coincident. Tech support has no clue what is happening.

As I said, I have done that several time before on the HR34 and HR44. I was always able to switch it back and forth and the keyword was 30skip & 30slip without any space. Now on the HR54 it worked only with a space between the 30 & skip but it wouldn't switch back to 30 slip with or without the space.

The reason I want to switch back to the 30 slip is as I posted separately, for some reason I lost the horizontal scroll bar on the client when I hit the Advance button (30 skip). I am not sure if it has anything to do with the fact I changed the 30 slip to 30 skip or it it is just a coincident. Tech support has no clue what is happening.
I would try doing a reboot of the recvr and when thats done, then try it again.

30SKIP and 30SLIP (no spaces) work fine on my HR54

Jimbo, I am not a newbie, rebooting was the 1st thing I tried (actually tried it a couple of different times). This is my 3rd 2 year contract with them, I switch every 2 years and I have had all of their Genies by now.

texasbrit, what is your HR54 software version? My HR54-500 software is 0xcb6 Mon 3/6 2:06a. Are you sure you can switch between 30skip and 30slip and your video actually switches between "skipping" and "slipping"?

Jimbo, I am not a newbie, rebooting was the 1st thing I tried (actually tried it a couple of different times). This is my 3rd 2 year contract with them, I switch every 2 years and I have had all of their Genies by now.

texasbrit, what is your HR54 software version? My HR54-500 software is 0xcb6 Mon 3/6 2:06a. Are you sure you can switch between 30skip and 30slip and your video actually switches between "skipping" and "slipping"?
Fwiw, i have that same software on my HR44.
I never said you were new ...
Just trying different things.

I am running software from the Cutting Edge beta program so it's not the same as your release.

Well, obviously there are some differences between all these software versions. I really don't care that I cannot switch back to 30slip, I like the 30skip better. My problem now is that I lost the scroll bar on the client and I don't know if this a result of me changing the 30slip to 30 skip or something to do with my hardware/software. Trying to changing back to 30slip was just for troubleshooting purposes. Again, tech support don't have a clue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)