311 Receiver picture/audio freezes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I am experiencing intermitent picture/audio freezes on all 4 of my 311 receivers. The freezes last 3 or 4 seconds, then the programming continues as if nothing ever happened. It is occurring on "ALL" channels on all 4 receivers. All 4 receivers recently received the P431 software update about 2 weeks ago, and that's when the problem seemed to begin. It occurs maybe 4 or 5 times each hour on all 4 receivers. Has anyone else had the same problem on their 311 receivers since the P431 update came out? How should I repoirt this to Dish so they don't just blow me off? Thanks for any help.

Thanks, Dave, for the tip. I tried it on one receiver, and within 5 minutes, I had another 5 second freeze. I suspect it's the new P431 update causing the problem.

Last edited:
I have experienced the exact same problem with my two 311s recently. It's about 3-4 times per hour and it's just a quick 2 or 3 second freeze. I still have the 4.19 software. My receivers have not updated yet. I've also tried a reset with no luck.

811 doing the same thing

This has been going on for about a week. These people don't have any idea what they are doing. Mike

I seem to be having the same problem with my 522. Started a couple of weeks ago......occationally freezing for 3-4 seconds, now happens as many as 5 or 6 times in an hour. Only local (sat 110).

I even when so far as contacting Dish about the problem....they sent a replacement receiver.......and guess what.....still happening.

Any suggestions???

Mine also started doing it more often in the past few days. My locals are also on 110. Sometimes the audio just drops for a few seconds and sometimes the picture freezes.

I have been having the same problem on my 111 receiver pic + audio freeze 5-10 sec it happens every 5-20 min very frustrating. Called customer support went through all the usual crap reboot unplug etc etc .. They tell me to replace my reciever . PS: this happened Before about 3 months ago lasted a week and went away. HHH defective electronics do not heal sounds like a software issue with dish but can't get past low level support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts