322 installation

markj11

Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
As of now I have one 301 reciever and would like to set up a 322. I have two cables coming from my dish. If I buy a 322 from ebay does it need to have a card? Do I just hook it up or do I have to call dish?

Welcome! Caveat emptor wrt buying a receiver on line. Before you bid on a unit, get the seller to provide you with the "R" and "S" numbers for that particular unit then call E* to make sure that that unit is "free and clear". Otherwise they may refuse to activate it for you, or you could be on the hook for anything unpaid on the account with which it was once associated. Depending on what other equipment you have installed you might also need a switch or to change the LNB in order to have 3 tuners connected...

322's have built in internal cards.. You can hook it up yourself and just call dish to get it activated.. You will need to either diplex the tv2 signal back out on one of your cables unless you have a Dish Pro Plus LNBF on your dish.

Before you buy from Ebay though, check it out to make sure you aren't buying a receiver that can't be activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts