322 Screensaver and Timer

mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
I have a 322 unit. I programmed a show on set 1 a couple of days in advance. I happened to walk by the set, turned it on, and found that the screensaver was running instead of the show that was set in the timer. As soon as I hit the select button on the remote the show appeared. I know the show was programmed correctly and even saw the event in the guide earlier in the evening on set 2. Shouldn't the 322 have awakened at the programmed time?

if the 322 is like the 301/311, menu 6-1-2 allows you to turn off the screensaver

Thanks for the quick reply, but it doesn't. 6-1-2 is for Caller ID. I've been through the menus and can't find anything to defeat the screen saver. If this is "normal" for the box, it's a dumb oversight by the software engineers.

Well..... Your's must be the exception it shows up on the one's here in our showroom.

Try just going through all of the options look for the menu that says inactivity, or power settings.

Well..... Your's must be the exception it shows up on the one's here in our showroom.

Try just going through all of the options look for the menu that says inactivity, or power settings.

Again, thanks for taking the time to bother with this. I've gone through each and every menu and I've even reset the box to factory defaults and I do not see any menu choices for Power or Inactivity. Is it possible the VAR was able to cripple this in firmware?

If not, could you take the time to demonstrate the menu number sequence to get to this feature(s)? This is an ostensibly new 322 with the following info:

DISH 322
SOFTWARE L420
HARDWARE ID GDPD-N
BOOTSTRAP 1617

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts