322 setup question - controlling multiple TVs

snowcat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Nashville, TN
My parents moved into a new house recently, and cable won't be available for some time. Since I had a good experience with Dish in the past and the deals are pretty good right now, I signed them up for a 942 and 322.

The 942 will control the HDTV in the living room and the analog TV in their bedroom. I want the 322 to control their bonus room TV and potentially 2 other bedrooms. It is rare for both spare bedrooms to be occupied at the same time, and usually both are empty.

If the 322 was installed in the bonus room, can you just split the 2nd signal between the two bedrooms? Then all you would need to do is put the 2nd remote in whatever bedroom is occupied. Also, would a Dish installer do this if asked?

Thanks for your responses.

It will work, and the installer should do it if asked but he will probably charge you. If you have existing cabling in the 2nd bedroom it wont take too much effort so your charges for doing this should be minimal. I usually do it at no charge if there is existing cabling at that location.

The Dish Network Home Service Provider that I worked made us charge for "slave lines". They make us charge like 50.00 for every slave line that we ran. I felt bad for charging people that so I would just charge them like 20.00 and put it in my pocket. If I was you I would just come out and ask him if he would do it. If he says that he will have to charge you then just ask him his bottom dollar. If he says that he will do it for free, be a nice guy and give him a tip. Installers work very hard for there money and every little bit helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)