322 taking long time to acquire signal after setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
322 taking 4ever to download pgm info after signal lock

Just installed a Dish 300 system with a 311 and 322 receiver.

311 had a 118 signal strength, locked. Then the screen shows a message, 'Your receiver has not yet been authorized.

SkyAngel states that it takes 2-4 days to activate, fine.

BUT...

With my second receiver, the 322, it acquired a signal of 103 on transponder 25 aimed at 61.5.

Selected option, DONE. It asked if I had an acquired and locked signal. I chose, YES.

It now shows, WARNING - Vital program information will now be downloaded into your receiver. Do not disturb or unplug the receiver until this screen disappears. Status: Acquiring Satellite...

It has been sitting on this screen for a VERY LONG TIME. More than 30 minutes.

When it did this step with the 311, it took about 5 minutes.

So what is wrong?

And for the sake of argument, what would happen if the power went out? It states not to disturb or unplug the receiver.

This 322 is remanufactured from DISH Network, wrapped in their plastic, and sealed with the bar codes, etc. Yes, I did purchase them second hand, but I was confident that since they have been remaned, they should be good.

So why is it taking so long to download the program information?

Your expertise and knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:
couple of questions. what type of LNB do you have? is it DP Dual and how are you running 3 tuners out of that LNB? if you are using DP separator with DP Dual it won't work you need DP splitter it looks identical to legacy 21 switch.

Last edited:
I have a DP Plus dual LNBF, one feed connected directly to the 311, the other feed is / will be connected to two 322 units via a DP34.

I have followed Dish Network's online tutorial for ERROR 061.

But when I reset, and turn back on, it goes to the satellite screen, then when I try to choose MENU, per DN, to reset to factory defaults, it asked if I have a locked signal, and goes right back to attempting to download program information, and I can't get out of it, unless I unplug the receiver.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Try hooking the receiver directly to the lnb, bypassing the switch, let each receiver download, then try hooking to the switch.

Just hook the non working receivers to the line of the working receiver and let them take the download.

Jordan

there is no such thing as DP Plus Dual. there is DPP Twin. and i just want to clear it up you have one 311 and 2 322's and you have DP switch 34.

did you do check switch and then tried down loading? and are you using DPP separators or you have 2 cables going to the 322's?

I have the DP dual LNBF.

Yes, I have used the Setup to check the switch, per DN tech support on phone (I did it while they were on the phone, and relayed the receiver's responses / display, and he confirmed that all was well, and I was doing things correctly).

The Check Switch does show DP34 switch with all OK.

Right now, I just have the 311 straight off the LNB, and one 322 off the DP34 with seperate feeds for tuner 1 and 2.

I'm doing one receiver at a time, due to my time and schedule. I'll probably connect the second 322 on Saturday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)