322 tv2 combine with cable box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Have a 322 and cable box. Have the cable output running into the OTA input on the 322, TV1 works just fine, use remote to turn off and cable data runs to the TV. Problem is with TV2 on channel 60, want to include the cable feed into the single RG6 running to a downstairs TV. What would I use to insert the cable feed into the RG going downstairs, splitter or diplexer, since one is VHS-3 and one is UHF-60 could they both share the same RG6 cable and what would I use to get the signals into the cable? First time I have run into this problem....any help would be appreciated...

You would need two standard splitters. Use one before the input to the 322 so tv1 would be the same as it is now. You would take the second line from the first splitter to one of the outputs of the second splitter (you are actually using the second splitter in reverse making work as a combiner). The rf out from the 322 would go to the second output of the second splitter. The input from the second splitter would go to the second tv. Make sure the second tv is set for the cable (some people miss this and wind up not getting all the cable channels on the second tv). The first tv should be set to this as well.

Thanks

Great info, thanks for the help. I will change it over today. I thought I could use the splitter as a combiner, and thanks for the cable info....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts