• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grph

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
sc
I currently have 2 receivers, a 211 and a 322. I can't get to the dish to identify it because it takes a long ladder. The dish is about 2' in diameter with 3 heads and two cables coming from it down to a hub in the basement.
I would like to add another 322 for 2 tvs in the basement. I have an antenna wire already in place. What will be involved in setting up this receiver?
Should I contact Dish Network to advise me on this situation?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have an old 1000 dish or a newer 1000.2. Easy way to tell is the bracket that holds the LNB on the dish looks like a "W" with three single LNB's on the front, then its an older 1000 dish. But now that I think of it, if you have two lines to the basement, chances are it a 1000.2. Bad news is to add another 322 receiver, your going to have to run a third line from the dish for the receiver. No way around it! Three receivers = three lines!

Thats no problem. I have an extra wire coming up from the hub with enough wire to go through wall and connect to the dish. Does having 3 heads on the dish with 2 wires coming out mean that I have an extra one there that I can use for the additional 322?

If it is a 1000.2 dish, then yes, that means there is a third port open on the LNB. When you take the LNB off you will see 4 ports. 3 ports are output, one port is input. If the LNB is facing you (the "eyes" facing you) the 3 ports to the left are output to the receivers. The one to the far right is input (used if there is a 2nd dish.) Connecting one end of a cable to an open output port and the other end of the cable to the seperator of a 322 will work as long as there are no splitters or low-data splices in-line between the LNB and the seperator.
Hooking up TV2 is another matter, of course.
You will need to have a cable that runs from the modualted output (TV2 out) from the 322 to TV2, or use a couple of diplexers.

thanks for the imput. I think the smartest thing to do is to get in touch with Dish Network and have a person come out and do the installing.

thanks for the imput. I think the smartest thing to do is to get in touch with Dish Network and have a person come out and do the installing.
Usually a good idea, especially i the dish is in a location that might be hard for you to get to. The tech will have everything needed to get the job done for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts