358 - SUNDANCE HD

Funny. Lot's whining and fussing when it wasn't turned on. Now that is has been, nothing.

Jeez, it's been there for a few hours and everyone, most of them working stiffs, haven't joined in on the OHBOY club.... ;)

Dish Adds Sundance In HD; Will Ergen Watch?
By Swanni
Washington, D.C. (April 18, 2013) --[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dish, whose chairman Charlie Ergen once said no one in his family watches the Sundance Channel, yesterday added the Robert Redford-founded channel in High-Definition, according to the satellite message boards, DBSTalk.com and SatelliteGuys.Us.

The Sundance channel is owned by AMC Networks which was embroiled in a nasty legal dispute with Dish that finally ended in a settlement last year. During the fight, which lasted from July to October, Dish refused to carry AMC and its sister networks, We TV, Sundance and IFC.

According to Ad Age, Ergen told Wall Street analysts last August that he had [/FONT]
"satellite television for as long as satellite television has been around and there's never been one minute that I know of anybody in my family, or anybody who's came to my house, has ever watched one second of any of those channels."

The satellite chief was referring to IFC, WE TV and the Sundance Channel.

But shortly after the legal settlement, DISH started to move past the feud with AMC when it added that network in high-def in October. Then, the satcaster added IFC and WE TV in HD in January.

And now the circle is complete with the addition of Sundance in HD.

Sundance, which was founded by Redford nearly two decades ago but later sold to AMC Networks, offers a mix of esoteric domestic and international movies as well as documentaries and award-winning shorts.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

I wish they had done so while Top of the Lake was still on. At least they were cool enough to put 6 out of the 7 eps in HD on demand. Hoping Rectify is interesting.

Yes, TVLand HD would be a good addition. I've seen it on DirecTV and it looks great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)