36" Diretv elliptical dish for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satenow

Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I recently purchased a directv international dish 36" elliptical with both KU and C LNB. I have been trying to catch G25 97.0W but have been unsuccessful so far. Is there something particular about the LNB used for this dish that would limit its usage on other sattelites? Thanks for any help you guys can throw my way. The channels I am interested in getting is actually on the KU band and not C band but I haven't been able to raise a flicker on either one.

The DirecTv world dish will work fine for G25. Did you skew the LNB?

What reciever are you working with?

remember, that dish has a separation of 6 degrees between LNBs. I love that dish! Keeps my G10 coverage intact!

I use mine for G10 on the linear side and Echostar 5 on the circular side.

Your case, G25 on linear, then 103 circular...nothing in that slot though. :(

If I knew of a good way to retrofit the circular LNB holder with a linear, I'd be in business!

Thanks Iceberg & Techno. I didn't skew the LNB, when I checked the azimuth for my area (nor cal) it was about 39 degrees but didn't find any skew information. Does it need skew?

I was not sure of your exact location so I used San Francisco, CA.

Zip Code: 94102
Latitude: 37.8°N
Longitude: 122.4°W
State: California
City: San Francisco
Magnetic Declination: -14.1°E

Satellite: 97.0°W Galaxy 25 C/Ku
Elevation: 38.8°
Geographic Azimuth: 142.2°
Magnetic Azimuth (Compass): 128.1°
Polarization (Skew): -29.0° (29.0° Right looking towards the dish)

If you are using a motor leave the LNB skew as zero as the motor tilts the dish for the skew.
If you are aiming at a single satellite then you must rotate the LNB in the holder for the skew value. (For your specific dish read post below by Techno935 :))

Thanks Guys!! I was able to get a signal but it isn't strong enough. It keeps toggling between 0 and 60 so I have to find another site for my dish. But I was able to get a bead on the location. Thanks again. :)

satenow - the C is for circular Ku band, not C band.

If I knew of a good way to retrofit the circular LNB holder with a linear, I'd be in business!
Start a new thread and give us some pictures of that dish.
I can't tell from the published photos what the best way would be to make an LNB holder,
But, there are many clever guys on the forum.
I'm sure someone has an easy solution.

edit: here's probably the easiest solution - an LNB that fits with the old bracket.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts