3618 to 3688

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Well, I took a chance and did it. I downloaded the Satwork 3688 software into a 3618. To my surprise, it worked. The menu came up, but unfortunately Pete is right, the only button on the remote that worked was the OK. I honestly think that if you could get a 3688 remote, this would work. By the way, I reinstalled the 3618 software and it works fine.

Pete is there any way to get a 3688 remote without buying the box? :confused: :confused:

Sure is, although I still don't recommend anyone does this (especially to a receiver still under warranty), just what I have been told, the proof is if it motors a dish! Very interesting! :shocked

Cascade said:
Jim, do you have a universal remote or any Dishnetwork remotes?
I can try to find the codes for you later that helps.

Yes, I have a few of them. That would help. If I get the right 3618 update, check the 3618 quesion thread, I don't think I will mess with it. Thanks.

Cascade,

I finally got the 3618 software updated, so I am going to take Pete's advice and not mess with the 3688 update. If I was still working and was young and bold with money to burn, I would jump right on that without hesitation and suffer the the consequences, good or bad. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Antenna/LNB Configuration Help Needed

Who here suffer from the BSB<Blind search Blues> ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)