3d hdtv

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I have to ask this question , does a 3d led tv have better picture quality than s LCD 3d tv ? I've heard 3d sets have better pq?

It varies. Some LCD TVs look better than some LED TVs and others are vice versa. To me, Samsung seems to have the best pic for LEDs and LG has the better pic for LCDs. Oh, and just because the TV has 3D doesn't necessarily mean it has better PQ. I've seen some 2D TVs that have better PQ than some of the 3D TVs. I wouldn't worry about 3D TV anyways as it looks like it'll be going away pretty soon.

From what I've been told, LCD TV's, including the ones using LED lighting, do not have better PQ in their 3D models. That is not the case regarding plasma TV's. Especially in Panasonics case. They use a up graded screen technology in the 3D versions UT/ST/GT/VT. I believe this is also true with Samsung and LG. 3D isn't going away any time soon.

On the 5:00 news last night they talked about how, nationally, 3D tv prices have dropped 30% since the first of the year due to demand.

On the 5:00 news last night they talked about how, nationally, 3D tv prices have dropped 30% since the first of the year due to demand.

It's becoming a commodity, just another bullet point, feature. I remember one year when I bought a progressive scan DVD play and paid a decent premium, by the following christmas season, progressive scan was standard in even the $29.99 units. 3D is just about at that point in it's cycle.

That doesn't mean it is really any more successful overall. I wonder how many of those $29.99 DVD units were ever connected with component cables.

This seems like one of those Internet memes. Any thread on satelliteguys with a title containing "3D" will eventually morph into a bash-fest between the folks saying "3D is the greatest thing since sliced bread" and those saying "3D is a fad, it can't die quick enough"

This seems like one of those Internet memes. Any thread on satelliteguys with a title containing "3D" will eventually morph into a bash-fest between the folks saying "3D is the greatest thing since sliced bread" and those saying "3D is a fad, it can't die quick enough"

It's neither one. I think it will be around, especially in theatres as long as folks pay the ticket premium, but without major technology advance will be a more of niche (maybe a sizable one) player at home.

I sell TVs, belive me, there are more 3D models now than last year. 3D is available in more models and prices have come down. There are going to be cases where you find the TV you like the best and it's just going to happen to have 3D capabilities. People are going to be buying 3D whether they plan on using it or not.

I think that one of the reasons that 3D has not been as successful as quickly as they had thought, was that allot of people believe that it is the same old thing as before. I hated 3D glasses, the 3D effects were poor, gave you eye strain, headaches etc.
My wife and I went to the video store and were looking to replace our aging big screen. I happened by a 3D demo and when I looked through the glasses could not believe what I saw. It took allot of convincing to get her to look but like me when she did she could not believe it either. We ended up buying a Sharp 70" (240hz) and six pairs of glasses. We had it about a month now and could not be more pleased. There are people with physical conditions which will never be able to enjoy this feature but if you believe it is the same old same old, give it a try. Everybody in the family has really enjoyed the experience. Since the prices are going down that is becoming less of an issue. Do we not remember when HDTV came out how these threads read then. This is a feature, not like HDTV which is now an institution. I believe as a feature, it will remain.[h=1][/h].

FWIW: I just got a 3D tv not too long ago. While shopping for it, I looked at all the technologies and if you are a stickler for PQ as I am, you will want to go plasma with active glasses. I got the Samsung 7000 series (59") and it looks awesome. The LCD and LED Tvs with the passive glasses, while less expensive, to me were unwatchable. They suffer from a moire effect (looks like you are watching it through a screen door) that I could not stand to watch more than 10 seconds without being annoyed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)