3D sets

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Finally got a chance to check out some 3D sets yesterday and today. The first one I saw, yesterday, was a Samsung. I cam away feeling less than impressed, and honestly with a slight headache. Being my first experience with 3D, I felt as many here felt. It is a fad that will fade out again, and nothing I would consider as a plus when upgrading.

Well, this morning, the wife and I were killing time and had to run by Best Buy again (different store though). We went by the TVs (like I always do) and they had two sets set up. The samsung like I had seen at the other Best Buy, and a Panasonic. I figured I would check out the Panny, and I have to say....WOW. I was really, really impressed. I am not sure what the difference is in methods that the two use, or if the sammy was simply not set up right at the other store, but it was night and day.

They had several clips playing, one of the grand canyon which was spectacular, and the one that really got my attention, white water rafting. I swear when the boat splashed down, and the water sprayed back it literally looked like the water was hitting the glasses I had on.

I have to say, the second experience changed my opinion on 3D and the sets in general. Now I do consider it to be a plus if I upgrade later.

I still wont just go out and buy one, I have bought two sets in the last year and a half already, and probably wouldnt want to watch everything in 3d (even if it were an option), but for some content (movies and sports) it would seem, from my limited exposure, to be a huge draw.

Yep, I looked , Wasn't impressed.

I'm still not wearing 3D glasses so I can look like an idiot just to watch TV.

HD and Blu Rays are just fine for me.

I spent Over $3,000 on one Tv already, I'll Never do that again.

I wasnt with the first one hemi, and based on that had very low expectations when viewing the second. It left me genuinely impressed though.

As for the glasses, no, not something I would wear to watch tv all the time obviously, but from time to time, sure. That part wouldnt bother me.

More than likely they had the Samsung set up for 2D to 3D conversion. Seen that at several places. Real 3D on the Samsung is actually pretty good.

S~

More than likely they had the Samsung set up for 2D to 3D conversion. Seen that at several places. Real 3D on the Samsung is actually pretty good.

S~
That is possible. It was Best Buy after all. :D

Next time I am back, I will look again to give it a fair comparison if that was the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)