3D slowly dying?

I hope 3D is not dying. Based on the rave reviews for The House of Wax and the 3D conversion of The Wizard of Oz, I decided it was time to upgrade my projector to a 3D model. I've preordered the Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB which should arrive by the end of this month. I also have Creatures from the Black Lagoon in 3D since I bought Universal's Classic Monsters.

I decided that it wouldn't be worth it to get a new 3D projector and have only three 3D movies, so I now have 20 while I'm waiting breathlessly for my new projector.

After you get your projector set up and working, might I suggest you check out 3D-Blurayrental.com. I order as I wish as new ones are released. It will save you a bunch of money and then if you think you will watch a title many times you can order it for your library. They also have a subscription service but I don't think it is worth it since a la carte gives me more freedom on how many to order at a time.

Just another fact that these stupid fear mongers writing idiotic articles about 3D dying is untrue- Netflix, just opened up their line of 3D titles for all broadband ISP's. It requires a Netflix standard streaming subscription and a compatible 3D TV with the latest 3D Netflix app updated. Also, a PS3 with latest updates will get the 3D movie titles. This service has been offered for about 6 months now but only for ISP's that signed up to Netflix special Open Connect servers. Now all ISP's can get the 3D content.

I first saw a 3D movie in theater over 40 years ago.
I have glanced at it from time to time at CES or even Costco, but have not yet been compelled to pull the triger.

What I would like to see is good 3D with no requirement for glasses. I have seen a couple attempts at this already.

For you tech types, when do you think glasses free 3D will come of age?

I first saw a 3D movie in theater over 40 years ago.
I have glanced at it from time to time at CES or even Costco, but have not yet been compelled to pull the triger.

What I would like to see is good 3D with no requirement for glasses. I have seen a couple attempts at this already.

For you tech types, when do you think glasses free 3D will come of age?

It's here now but with limitations. For larger audiences, follow the work of Stream Tv and Ultra D. They are about ready to introduce their 4K glasses free 3D panels I believe in 55" for about the same price range as 4K LED Passive panels. Latest is they teamed up with Qualcomm to make a chip that replaces a huge costly bunch of hardware to do the frame packing 3D signal to Ultra D format for their layered display screen. This brings the price way down. Ultra D people claim we'll be seeing these in stores mid 2014. ( But at CES 2013 last January, they said the same thing for mid 2013) Wait and see.