3rd 622 (2nd this week) Crapping Out

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Ok, on my 3rd 622 since 2 weeks ago. First one failed to start when powered, I mean nothing dead as a doornail.

2nd won worked fine for 24 hours then when into the repeated reboot from hell.

3rd one arrived Friday and has a unique problem that I don't see mentioned too much.

Symptoms:

1. Any buttons to do with DVR there is a 3-5 second delay when pushing. For instance, when I push DVR, it's 34 seconds for the menu to pop up and all menus within have this delay.

2. Most shows that I record when I go to playback I get the DVR file probem error 04. The ones that actually play back get what I call the PAUSE problem. It's like someone hitting pause every 10 seconds. Picture and audio freeze then come back. It doesn't drop, picture is still there just frozen for a second. This goes on the whole recording.

Shows played back from external drive to not do this. Am I write in assuming the actual internal drive is having a problem?

A 4th unit is on the way. I've actually requested that I get a new unit not a refurb.

Brian

Make sure to check your power supply (house wiring) for correctness. Hot/neutral reverse will cause repeated re-boot or signal loss messages. Some surge protectors/power supplies can cause this also. The Monster power products have been the culprit many times.

Hope the next one works!

The receiver that was DOA might have been due to a bent power plug. I received a refurb'd 622 about 2 weeks ago (my old one would spontaneously reboot as the new one did last night :mad:) that did nothing when I plugged it in. I checked the plug on the end of the power cord, straightened it out a little and then it worked.

My 622 that I had for a year died on me last weekend and would not boot up. I got my 'new' one last night and now it is doing what you called "repeated reboot from hell". At least that is what I would call it. Every 10-20 minutes it seems to be rebooting itself. Right now it is on an hour streak of no reboots. Nice? :(

Tech support says since my TV2 is in the next room, it is interfering with the box? And I should install a pigtail? Anybody know what the heck that is about and if it is good advice or no?

highdefjeff, how would I know if I had a hot/neutral reverse problem?

The "home diagnostic" that requires no additional equipment is to get an extension cord and try plugging the receiver at another outlet in another room. Depending if it is one incorrect plug, the whole house, or receiver, this can help narrow it down.

The more definitive way is to get an AC Power Tester. This should run you from $3 to $6 and can be found at many supply houses and local home improvement stores. Here's what it looks like:

Home Electrical Guide: How To Test an Electrical Outlet - ACME HOW TO.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)