3rd 922!!

pilot370

Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Michigan
Just a little venting. I am now on my 3rd 922! The 3rd one is on its way now. It will only stay running 10 minutes tops. Trying to get it to run longer so i can get my DVR'd programs over to an external drive but it won't stay running long enough to even format the external drive:mad:!

This is my second one in less than a year and my 3rd total since a year and half ago. Well just any computer ya gotta back up stuff!! Disappointed that this has happened again. Bummed to learn too that they wouldn't do any kind of deal for a Sling loaded Hopper either. 400.00 for that one and my bill would go up almost 40.00 a month too to have it on 5 tv's ouch! I use the Sling option a lot when im on the road during hockey season too!

Is the Sling loaded Hopper worth it? and can i backup to an external drive on that too?

John

Just a little venting. I am now on my 3rd 922! The 3rd one is on its way now. It will only stay running 10 minutes tops. Trying to get it to run longer so i can get my DVR'd programs over to an external drive but it won't stay running long enough to even format the external drive:mad:!

This is my second one in less than a year and my 3rd total since a year and half ago. Well just any computer ya gotta back up stuff!! Disappointed that this has happened again. Bummed to learn too that they wouldn't do any kind of deal for a Sling loaded Hopper either. 400.00 for that one and my bill would go up almost 40.00 a month too to have it on 5 tv's ouch! I use the Sling option a lot when im on the road during hockey season too!

Is the Sling loaded Hopper worth it? and can i backup to an external drive on that too?

John

Yes it works with an EHD. I have one and I love it. The speed/power is great as well as Dish Explorer and Hopper Transfers iPad apps.

Sounds like poor receiver ventilation/location. You're burning them up.

I believe Hopper w/Sling is $200.00. $400 was for two. Hopper 2000, $50.00.

Or wait a bit,the new Hoppers,and the old Hoppers will start coming down in price.I'm sure there will be some nice promotions on them soon.Could go with a 722 or 722k in the interim.

I believe Hopper w/Sling is $200.00. $400 was for two. Hopper 2000, $50.00.
No need for two H2's. He could get one H2 and one H1, with 3 Joeys. If your pricing is correct, that would be $250. Plus, if he worked with a DIRT rep, they might be able to cut him an even better deal due to his history with the 922.

I wonder if he's getting the upgrade price of $300 plus the $95 tech visit fee? Most would just say that's $400, otherwise there is no such thing as a $400 upgrade fee for just one receiver.

The tech I was talking to online quoted me a price of 400.00 for the Sling Loaded Hopper. I assume there was a tech fee of 95.00 included in that. I will wait to get this 922 and when it goes I'm headed for a Hoppa! So that should be in 6 months or so!

I still have my original 922. If it ever breaks I think that I would just upgrade to a hopper vs getting a replacement 922. It sounds like they do not survive reconditioning very well.

The tech I was talking to online quoted me a price of 400.00 for the Sling Loaded Hopper. I assume there was a tech fee of 95.00 included in that. I will wait to get this 922 and when it goes I'm headed for a Hoppa! So that should be in 6 months or so!

If you have 5 TV's, you will most likely need more than one Hopper.

Its a ventilation or power problem in you home outlet. Ive had my 922 for just under a year and no problems of any kind to report. Receiver is very stable.

Sent from my ZTE WARP using satelliteguys.

Ive had the 922 and a 211k since it came out and only had it replaced once due to en electrical spike in the power lines. No issues at all. If it gets discontinued in the future I will do everything in my power to get another one.

I would upgrade to the hopper but its just way too much a month for the receivers. I pay $17 in receiver fess for 3 TVs with my setup. A hopper with 2 joeys would be $24 a month which is significant in this economy. after taxes my current bill is almost $80 with Top120 and the protection plan. I plan on keeping it as low as possible.

It's in a well ventilated area, nothing on the sides or the top of the unit. Do they tell you to NOT plug it into a surge protector? That was the first thing the tech asked me over the phone. It was plugged into an outlet by itself.

They told me too that I would need just one Sling Loaded Hopper for five tv's. So four Joeys??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)