3rd HDTV

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
I am thinking of getting my 3rd HDTV for bedroom. Have two hooked up to 622 already. One close by with component and fiber optic sound. Another 30 ft away by HDMI. Third one would be 60 feet away in another room. Realize that these would all have to look at same channel if they come out of the 622 but that is ok. Any way to do this without getting another HD BOX for the new TV?

Do you not want to hook it up as TV2? I have my main HD connected with component and then TV2 feeding the rest of my house. I can watch TV2 in the basement when I exercise or in my office when I'm on the computer. I love being able to watch a show I have on the DVR while I exercise.

You could use a RGB switch box for the component output. I have a 50' component cable run for my projector. $20 versus about $150 for HDMI. Have seen RGB up to 150'.
Don't know if you can split the optical audio. Does your box also have a digital coax out? If so, there is you audio. OR; Audio and Video, Computer Parts, Batteries, Cable and Wiring at MCM Electronics sells a Single source, 2 out HDMI distribution amp, # 33-10429 $149. Amplified, range 100'. They even have a 1 in four out.
Good Luck,
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts