4/14/05 Live Retailer Chat Recap!

Yep, after last Charlie chat reports and this, no regrets about going back to Cablevision for my TV needs.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The Dish 625 now available and VOD will be working within 2 weeks.

on DHA the customer will have to pay a upgrade fee of $19.95 for a 624 (which is stupid now that the Dish has discontinued the 522)

Movies are 4.99 and only stay on your receiver for 24 hours.
???? So I can either:

(1) Buy a PPV for $3.99, tape it on my DVR, and watch it forever, OR
(2) Buy a VOD for $4.99, and have it disappear in 24 hours.

Sounds like this VOD program is going to go over like a lead zeppelin. :)

Or you could connect a DVD recorder to the Receiver and burn a dvd of what your watching. OH! and have it Forever.

Are the 942's available for the Dishn' it Up promo? if you already own an 811 can you apply to upgrade to the 942?

I started to slowly reactivate my 811 while I watch Voom to the end. The people at Dish are clueless, When I called to turn my system back on, they tried to charge me $25 reactivation fee (even though they said no fee if I ever returned)and prepay two months in advance. I told them that if nine years of paying my bill early was not good enough for them, then they could stick my dish up their a$$. Can't wait for D* to come out with a deal after their new birds are ready. oh, by the way, no fee and they mailed the bill. Guess the visual of a 30" dish somewhere changed their mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)