4/21/2009 2:26am - Uplink Activity Report - 12 changes

I'm with you. I have no clue what the attraction to Twitter is.
Three things:
- It is very simple and easy, even news anchors can understand it
- It has to do with cell phones
- It is new and trendy

PS It is interesting that previously, "push" formats have been tried many times and have always failed to catch on with the masses:
- Active Channels in IE4
- RSS

Last edited:
From twitter:

Roundin out the #HDTuesday announcements for today...4 Ch.s are lighting up in #HD tomorrow 4 Johnstown-Altoona, PA (WATM, WTAJ, WJAC, WWCP)

Along w/ KKCO, beg. tomorrow, DN will be the only sat provider to carry KJCT, KREX & KFQX in #HD for Grand Junction-Montrose! #HDTuesday

First up in Joplin-Pittsburg, MO/KS...DN is the only sat provider w/ KOAM in #HD (DN Ch. 7). Begins around 5p ET *tomorrow. #HDTuesday

I still think the whole twitter thing is stupid, especially with these 10 yr olds posting on the dishnetwork one... basically just a dumbed down myspace with just comments since you only read half of the conversation. But whatever... what's the #HDTuesday mean? Is that his ID or something?

Guess normal internet forum software that has been around for years has me spoiled.

Thanks! He will be a Happy Camper..

Three things:
- It is very simple and easy, even news anchors can understand it
- It has to do with cell phones
- It is new and trendy

PS It is interesting that previously, "push" formats have been tried many times and have always failed to catch on with the masses:
- Active Channels in IE4
- RSS

LOL...

1. But yet I don't understand it. ;) ;) ;)

2. I just pull out my cellphone, tap IE, and there's SatelliteGuys.us. DONE! :D

3. It's not new... CrackSpace has been doing this one-sided conversation stuff on their comments for quite a while.

From twitter:

Roundin out the #HDTuesday announcements for today...4 Ch.s are lighting up in #HD tomorrow 4 Johnstown-Altoona, PA (WATM, WTAJ, WJAC, WWCP)

Along w/ KKCO, beg. tomorrow, DN will be the only sat provider to carry KJCT, KREX & KFQX in #HD for Grand Junction-Montrose! #HDTuesday

First up in Joplin-Pittsburg, MO/KS...DN is the only sat provider w/ KOAM in #HD (DN Ch. 7). Begins around 5p ET *tomorrow. #HDTuesday

I still think the whole twitter thing is stupid, especially with these 10 yr olds posting on the dishnetwork one... basically just a dumbed down myspace with just comments since you only read half of the conversation. But whatever... what's the #HDTuesday mean? Is that his ID or something?

Guess normal internet forum software that has been around for years has me spoiled.

One of the dish chats had Fort Smith, AR to be set for HD locals tomorrow (4/22). I'm going to be mad if that's not the case as employees at different stations said Dish has been done at their stations for a long time and they didn't know what was taking them so long to give the HD locals to customers.

One of the dish chats had Fort Smith, AR to be set for HD locals tomorrow (4/22). I'm going to be mad if that's not the case as employees at different stations said Dish has been done at their stations for a long time and they didn't know what was taking them so long to give the HD locals to customers.
yep, all the stations have told me that the equipment is installed and they are just waiting for E* to flip the switch. maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and they will turn them on anyway. but this is dish, and i'm sure i will be dissappointed again.

:hungry::hungry: HUNGRY FOR MORE HD!! :hungry::hungry:

That might be true.. but Dish doesn't always work with the stations on the launch date. They work with the corp big wigs that own the stations.

For instance, they have all 4 HD channels in my DMA running now that are supposed to be launched 5/13 or so. Why don't they launch them now? Probably more testing/tweaking needed and/or contract stuff getting signed.

yep, all the stations have told me that the equipment is installed and they are just waiting for E* to flip the switch. maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and they will turn them on anyway. but this is dish, and i'm sure i will be dissappointed again.
After years with Dish, I just assume things are not going to happen when they say they will. That way, it's a nice surprise when it does happen.

Either way, I'm really hoping for locals in HD on Wednesday too...