4/22/2009 5:22pm - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/22/2009 5:22pm - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/22/2009 04:54P - 04/22/2009 05:22P

Channel Package Flag Changes:
5260(23) - WATM [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 12 Spotbeam 26 changed to Available (H)(Altoona, PA-ABC)
5261(10) - WTAJ [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 12 Spotbeam 26 changed to Available (H)(Altoona, PA-CBS)
5262(6) - WJAC [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 12 Spotbeam 26 changed to Available (H)(Johnstown, PA-NBC)
5263(8) - WWCP [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 12 Spotbeam 26 changed to Available (H)(Johnstown, PA-FOX)

Channels in the system: 6420
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Where's Ft. Smith Fayetteville AR locals?
I know we're all just totally shocked that Charlie would advertise a date for something to go live on their system and it not happen. That's never happened before... :)

Seriously though, I don't understand the delay. I know that the channels have been uplinked for 2 months. I guess that's not long enough... Still makes you wonder why other channels can get uplinked one week and made available the week after.

I know we're all just totally shocked that Charlie would advertise a date for something to go live on their system and it not happen. That's never happened before... :)

Seriously though, I don't understand the delay. I know that the channels have been uplinked for 2 months. I guess that's not long enough... Still makes you wonder why other channels can get uplinked one week and made available the week after.

I share your pain...my locals were supposed to be up today too and like Ft. Smith, they've been uplinked for some time. I think we're close though, I've got the Channel 77 in my guide saying HD Locals are here, but here's the funny part--I can't actually tune to 77. So just when are they going to light them up? At least I get everything OTA clearly except ABC, but I know you've got mountains to deal with in Ft. Smith. Here's hoping "soon" really does mean soon sometime soon.

I share your pain...my locals were supposed to be up today too and like Ft. Smith, they've been uplinked for some time. I think we're close though, I've got the Channel 77 in my guide saying HD Locals are here, but here's the funny part--I can't actually tune to 77. So just when are they going to light them up? At least I get everything OTA clearly except ABC, but I know you've got mountains to deal with in Ft. Smith. Here's hoping "soon" really does mean soon sometime soon.

I chatted with a CSR and asked why I was getting this channel with conflicting info. She did the usual "please wait while I assist you".

I sit there and then she responds with this link. DISH Network - TurboHD Local Channels - 1.888.825.2557

I take a quick look at it and it doesn't answer why I don't have local HD today. She then typed as soon as she pasted the link "It's been a while since I heard from you, are you there?"

I went to type, "yes, but this doesn't...." Then she types, "Since I have not heard from you I am disconnecting from this chat." I tried to hit enter real quick but she disconnected me.

She posts a link for me to look at (which I did all of four seconds) and then disconnects me. She did this on purpose and this is why I really don't understand this company. I would be perfectly understanding if she said they were having unforseen technical problems with getting them up. It just makes you want to pull your hair out when they say nothing.

Direct TV has had my area local HD for a long time. If the retailer chat says 4/22 isn't that what the local reps will be telling new customers?

For those of you interested in Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR locals in HD, a guy in the engineering department at our ABC station said, "They told us May 6 today." By "they", I assume he meant "Dish".

Of course, Dish was telling them "mid March" on 2/26.

So, basically, as usual, we'll get them when we get them.

And when the channels don't go active on May 6, I will not be surprised then either.

Yeah with locals most of the time the hold up on your local market some are quicker to respond than others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)