4/28/2010 12:25pm - Uplink Activity Report - 42 changes

hi scott what are the chances are that DIY and ID are in testing right now?

i am sorry about the comment digiblur?All i wanted to know what do you think these could be DIY and ID?

I guess you didnt read the posts before that.....here...I'll save you the trouble of looking:rolleyes:

Yea, looks like DIY and......ID?

Of course, they are only test channels.

Just thought of a new feature ;) Since they seem to drop in the TMP's on the commercial numbers/tier of 4xxx lately, I'll match up the name to the regular range and put it out to the right of the channel add. But of course as soon as I get this working they'll change their ways...

How did you guys get DIY out of 4111? I assume you just dropped the 4?

Im not saying that nobody watches those channels, Im saying get rid of the least viewed ones. Just in case you dont know dish has a way of measuring who's watching what channels. Prior to the launch of Centric or Shorts, How many people requested it? Not too many if any. There are a hell of alot more requests for ESPNU and HDRSN's! Look at sprout for example. There have been crazy requests for that channel. Does dish listen, nope not as of right now at least. That's why people are so angry when it comes to Missing HD rsn's or when their game isnt on in HD. I betcha also didnt know that the games are now natively produced in HD, so your actually getting is a degrade! I dont know about you, but I'm not paying for degraded service!

The selection of HD channels is not really a customer demand issue any more as it is a cost contract issue. Many channels Dish is forced to carry because they want to carry others by the same provider in HD. They do not have a choice. Other channels give Dish a really good deal (i.e. slice of advertising dollars). When the contract renewals come up for RSNs, we could see Dish forced to make some 24/7.

The reason why dish is missing more hd rsn games this year is because more games are being produced in HD. Digiblur can correect m if i'm wrong but I believe dish is using the same tp this year for hd rsn's as last year.

same tp space plus more hd rsn games equals more missed hd games.

I'd say some Echostar6 testing channels. Video Continuity Test? ;)

Looking at Transponder 26 with TSReader shows VCT1 through VCT8 all point to the same video stream at approximately 2 Mbps. There are 9 other TMP video streams and 1 FTA video stream at approximately 2.5 to 3.5 Mbps each. Looks like they may be testing 11 HD channels in one mux.:eek:

VCT as Video Continuity Testing would certainly imply to me a quality test to see if the TP is capable of handling a specified load...that gets my vote.

Nope and no ESPNU HD or AMC HD eaither...

And I dont see them coming for a long long time.

Those are some of the biggest items missing from D* IMO. They even narrowed the game time so I cannot watch the pre-game and post-game reports in HD. Last year I was able for the hockey games.

I know FSN is broadcasting them in HD because NHL Network had our pre-game in HD. It's a bit disappointing, the least D* could do is allow an hour prior and an hour post for the game discussions. D* allowed the overtime to be shown but once it was over the HD feed was shutdown.

Hooray!!!! DIY was the last channel in my favorites list that I needed to be switched to HD. Score! Once that's switched on all I care about are getting Fox Sports Espanol, RAI Italia and maybe Univision, Telefutura, Galavision and Fox Soccer Plus in HD. Screw the regional sports networks. I don't even get my regular locals in HD yet. Until Dish gets everyone's local network channels in HD (the channels with by far the largest viewership nationally) why bother with local RSN's (the channels with by far the lowest national viewership)? Until then I just use an OTA antenea to get my locals in HD which is ok for now. If you're a big local sports fan buy a ticket and support your local team by watching their home games at the stadium. I support my local team by being a season ticket holder and attending whatever games I can. It just wouldn't be the same watching on TV anyways. My priorities are that my sat provider to give me channels I can't get OTA or by attending local events in my community. Kudos to Dish for adding so many national channels, including the new DIY, while DirecTV continues to cater to RSN's and PPV's leaving the majority of their viewers watching SD versions of national channels like Travel, BBC, FSC, etc.... Switching from DirecTV to dish last year was the best decision we ever made. Our 50" TV set was being wasted for too long. Dish promised and delivered and for a way better price - plus they offered the channel we really wanted and DirecTV simply didn't offer (RAI Italia).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)