4/29/2011 3:31pm - Uplink Activity Report - 8 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/29/2011 3:31pm - 8 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/29/2011 03:16P - 04/29/2011 03:31P

Channel Additions:
9195(31) - WAAY [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-ABC) (A) (H)
9196(19) - WHNT [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-CBS) (A) (H)
9197(48) - WAFF [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-NBC) (A) (H)
9198(54) - WZDX [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-FOX) (A) (H)

Channel Package Flag Changes:
5190(31) - WAAY [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 changed to Not Available (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-ABC)
5191(19) - WHNT [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 changed to Not Available (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-CBS)
5192(48) - WAFF [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 changed to Not Available (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-NBC)
5193(54) - WZDX [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 7 changed to Not Available (Mkt:Huntsville, AL-Huntsville, AL-FOX)

Channels in the system: 7762
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2011 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v11.04.20

© 2011 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

I wouldn't be surprised if that tornado took out the broadcast towers , but I thought it was Tuscaloosa , Alabama that got hit, not Huntsville?

We got hit hard all over Alabama. Most of Tuscaloosa's stations are in Birmingham though. There was a powerful tornado near Huntsville and many other areas as well. Within two miles of my house in Wetumpka (near Montgomery) too!

Huntsville lost all Power from TVA due to High tension towers being knocked down and they had to shut down Browns Ferry Nuclear plant. Power will be restored Monday but there are alot of places where the poles and lines were wiped out so some will have power and others will still be out. I have a Western Arch setup with a 61.5 side dish and the HD Locals are still not available on 119 as 6:01 PM 4/29/11 , dish does have a slate up that says they are aware of the channel being down.. The SD locals became available this morning from 119 and 61.5.

I feel for all of ya'll in Alabama . We have been through 3 hurricanes in the last 6 years here in Southeast Texas and I have personally suffered about $10,000.00 worth of damages in two of them, but I have to say that tornadoes are much harder to survive and do much more damage ,due to high wind speeds. Some get up to 250mph or higher in winds speeds. At least with hurricanes , you can evacuate and get out of the path, with tornadoes ,there isn't much, if any time, to get into a shelter or basement , if you have one. My prayers go out to all in the south who have suffered from these destructive tornadoes.

Power must of been restored at the uplink hub to Dish because we now have HD locals coming from sat. 119. Thanks for all your concerns folks, still lots of power outages, lots of volunteers and food and clothing donations happening and good to see communities coming together in spite of the high life loss and injury's that happened in N. Alabama..