4/7/2009 2:08pm - Uplink Activity Report - 6 changes - NOT VIACOM

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/7/2009 2:08pm - 6 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/07/2009 01:38P - 04/07/2009 02:07P

Channel Renames:
14002 - KRMA1 - EchoStar11 110W TP 08 ConUS beam renamed to KRMA3 (NA)(Denver, CO-PBS)
14167 - WUNM2 - EchoStar10 110W TP 31 Spotbeam 05 renamed to WUNM1 (NA)(Jacksonville, NC-PBS)
14214 - KUSM1 - EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 37 renamed to KUSM2 (NA)(Bozeman, MT-PBS)
15072 - WJHG2 - EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 07 renamed to WJHG4 (NA)(Panama City, FL-NBC)
15213 - WSEE2 - EchoStar11 110W TP 02 ConUS beam renamed to WSEE3 (NA)(Erie, PA-CBS)
15348 - KUFM1 - EchoStar10 110W TP 31 Spotbeam 37 renamed to KUFM2 (NA)(Missoula, MT-N/A)

Channels in the system: 6377
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

I felt compelled to check for myself; I concur that these are definitely not the viacom channels...

Thats funny i did the same thing even though the viacom's are all that I care about I thought "maybe the person that knows everything about uplinks isn't right, maybe me that barely knows what an uplink is should have a second look at it"

I bet the EPG is a nightmare now. All these digital channels redoing their sub channels. I noticed one of my local stations just changed the subchannels. They will have to do an uplink for it soon. I wonder how long it will be before they stablize? Right now I think it is the hot new revenue stream, add subchannels, same amount of broadcast power, but more avenues to sell ads on.

mike123abc said:
I noticed one of my local stations just changed the subchannels. They will have to do an uplink for it soon. I wonder how long it will be before they stablize? Right now I think it is the hot new revenue stream, add subchannels, same amount of broadcast power, but more avenues to sell ads on.

Which TV station did it? I thought KSWO channel 7 in our viewing market was the only one with ".2" and ".3" sub-channels in addition to its main ".1" channel. Incidentally, that local station still doesn't have its primary HD channel carried by E* even though the 3 network stations in Wichita Falls are carried in HD by E*.

I'm not sure what to think about the multi-cast digital sub-channels. I very rarely watch any of those things. The content is typically SD and not of exactly good quality either. I see it as nothing more than a misuse of bandwidth that only degrades the image quality of the primary ".1" HD channel. KSWO's weather radar view on channel "7.2" might be of interest, but the station constantly cuts into regular network programming anyway with even the most minor of weather issues making the ".2" channel worthless. Channel "7.3" is Telemundo. I don't speak Spanish.

I'm not sure what to think about the multi-cast digital sub-channels. I very rarely watch any of those things. The content is typically SD and not of exactly good quality either. I see it as nothing more than a misuse of bandwidth that only degrades the image quality of the primary ".1" HD channel. KSWO's weather radar view on channel "7.2" might be of interest, but the station constantly cuts into regular network programming anyway making the ".2" channel worthless. Channel "7.3" is Telemundo. I don't speak Spanish.[/QUOTE]

In my area (Erie, PA) the report sez WSEE2 was renamed WSEE3. Now WSEE is the CBS affiliate here. On my OTA, it states WSEE1 is CBS, WSEE2 is our NBC affiliate, and WSEE3 is the WB. All 3 channels are owned by the same company. In fact, they are all basically run out of the same buiding. Sounds like they are dropping the WB in favor of NBC.

I have been having dropout problems mostly from the NBC affiliate and some sound dropoffs from the CBS side. But only on the Dish; not OTA. When I contacted them, they told me the problems started to arise after Dish had installed their equipment. They say it's all in Dish's hands now as to when the HD side of these channels will be turned on.

Which TV station did it? I thought KSWO channel 7 in our viewing market was the only one with ".2" and ".3" sub-channels in addition to its main ".1" channel. Incidentally, that local station still doesn't have its primary HD channel carried by E* even though the 3 network stations in Wichita Falls are carried in HD by E*.

I'm not sure what to think about the multi-cast digital sub-channels. I very rarely watch any of those things. The content is typically SD and not of exactly good quality either. I see it as nothing more than a misuse of bandwidth that only degrades the image quality of the primary ".1" HD channel. KSWO's weather radar view on channel "7.2" might be of interest, but the station constantly cuts into regular network programming anyway with even the most minor of weather issues making the ".2" channel worthless. Channel "7.3" is Telemundo. I don't speak Spanish.

3.2 KJBO was added the 10th of march. do a rescan to get it. 6.2 CW has been on for a while too.