4/9/2009 3:02pm - Uplink Activity Report - 2 changes

Maybe it isn't a strange channel placement, maybe Nick GAS is finally going to go away and the N will take it's channel

If the TMP placeholders for the Viacoms are still running slates today I highly doubt they will go live tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there any sign that there is activity on the TMP holders?

The N is only in SD.

Currently Dish splits a channel between Noggin and The N. From 6am to 6 PM NOGGIN airs, and the rest of the time The N airs.

This is a sign that Dish is working on the Viacom channels, and also a good sign that Noggin and The N will finally split. :)

maybe the deal with noggin is what kept the others from launching april 1st :D

My contacts at Dish, some relatively high up, are still not sure themselves what is the holdup with Viacom HD... another odd one.

However, the " you don't get the channels until Noggin and N is split " theory would be consistent with the fact that my contacts do not know (since they are not involved in negotiations).

My contacts at Dish, some relatively high up, are still not sure themselves what is the holdup with Viacom HD... another odd one.

However, the " you don't get the channels until Noggin and N is split " theory would be consistent with the fact that my contacts do not know (since they are not involved in negotiations).

One would think this is the kind of thing that would be negotiated back last Fall/Winter when they did the basic contract. When was the press release for that? December? Everyone else split the channels last year when Viacom split them. There were notices on Noggin/The N and the new Dish and Direct channel numbers for each and then when the day of the split came around there was no split and Noggin was running into the evening hour on iots regular channel with no The N at all. It was a mess for a day. I called E* CSR for the kids and they had no idea why the channels didn't split and had the same channel info I had from Viacom. It is strange that even E* employees have no idea what's going on. Whatever, none of this makes E* appear to be a well-managed company.

I have doubts that they are going two split Noggin and The N. Nick GAS will still be on. I have a felling that N is just going to be another waste of space 24/7 Infomercial channel or some commercial product on a loop over and over again.

just a small update.. all the viacom temp's have active video/audio now..no slates...at least according to the hackers..they said they have spike HD, Vh1 HD et all now....someone with the right quipment needs to verify it...

I can verify that we have video with bandwidth that is not normally a slate. Nice!

The N3 switch over can't come fast enough ;)