$4.99 for HD channels with no SD channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xstation

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Sorry if this has been covered before, but DTV is now going to charge $4.99 extra for HD channels that don't have a SD channel!

This sucks!!! :( :(

Attachments

• hdchannels.JPG
    hdchannels.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 281

No it doesn't. Coming from E*, I was paying $20 a month for 8-10 good HD channels and a bunch of crap ones (Kung-Fu HD? Monsters HD?). With D*, it costs $15 a month and IMO, I'm getting better quality channels. I've got 12-15 HD channels I'll watch right now. Even more when they go live.

-$5 a month cheaper than what I was paying
-more channels

Nope, doesn't suck one bit.

If you don't like it, you know you don't have to buy it, right?

No it doesn't. Coming from E*, I was paying $20 a month for 8-10 good HD channels and a bunch of crap ones (Kung-Fu HD? Monsters HD?). With D*, it costs $15 a month and IMO, I'm getting better quality channels. I've got 12-15 HD channels I'll watch right now. Even more when they go live.

-more channels

Sorry, but it does suck. $5 for something that they've been touting for free (or at least implying that) for over a year does suck.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but DTV is now going to charge $4.99 extra for HD channels that don't have a SD channel!

Looks like SOMEONE is having fun with Windows Vista Snip Tool..

I agree that $15 for our HD is a better deal than the $20 E* HD package, but even if they do change it so that you'd have to pay extra for HD Only stations, I probably would just stick with the 9.99 deal. I personally think that many of these HD-Only stations suck. I don't care about Smithsonian HD, or the HDNet stations.. or these other things like a Kung Fu Movie station (which must look stunning in HD since they were all filmed in such good quality to begin with.) What channels are coming up that would be considered "HD ONLY" anyways? Looking at the ones on D*'s web site I dont' really see any.. Everything has a SD counterpart basically.

-more channels

I am confused what is the cheapest way to get all the new HD Direct ch?
Do I have to go with some 49 dollar or more pkg then add how much for the HD.
I need to check here in Southern Ind I see mnay two dishes for direct, i was hoping touse only ONE and that maybe that second is just for loacls that i dont need locals via Direct.

thanks for any pkg plus hd info

If you really want ALL of the new HD channels, you'd need to get the premium package ($99/mo) plus the sports packages that include HD (i.e. NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan).

If you don't care about the premium channels or the sports packages, I'd recommend Choice Plus HD, which includes the HD service and DVR, plus most of the new non-premium HD channels. It's $69/mo.

And you only need one dish, even if you want HD locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)