$4.99 titles at Frys.

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm not sure if this is online or just the B&M stores.

Here are the titles:

Army of Darkness
Born on the 4th of July
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy — bad transfer, consider the Blu coming out next month
Bruce Almighty
Carlito's Way
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
The Italian Job
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Michael Clayton
Mission Impossible III
King Kong
Serenity — good transfer, but consider the Blu instead
Shaun of the Dead
Smokey and the Bandit
The Thing — get this one instead of the Blu
Tomb Raider

Online is showing different prices for most of these. OTOH, they have nothing over $9.99 and some as cheap as $3.99 (e.g. clerks2) on the website.

Went to Fry's in Las Vegas today with dfergie and ramy. THey had more HD DVDs than I had ever seen in one place before. All were on clearance, but very few for $3.99 or $4.99. Most were $7.99 or $11.99.

I bought Meet the Parents and Smokey and the Bandit. Had Heroes Season 1 in my hands (for $14.99), but I have it on DVD and didn't think it was necessary.

Fry's also had the largest collection I have ever seen for BDs; about triple what they had for HD DVD.

ALSO - most of the HD DVDs were the same canadian-made ones that inetvideo sells; with the French names underneath the English on the titles, and the made to be sold in canada sticker...

Went to Fry's in Las Vegas today with dfergie and ramy. THey had more HD DVDs than I had ever seen in one place before. All were on clearance, but very few for $3.99 or $4.99. Most were $7.99 or $11.99.

I bought Meet the Parents and Smokey and the Bandit. Had Heroes Season 1 in my hands (for $14.99), but I have it on DVD and didn't think it was necessary.

Fry's also had the largest collection I have ever seen for BDs; about triple what they had for HD DVD.

ALSO - most of the HD DVDs were the same canadian-made ones that inetvideo sells; with the French names underneath the English on the titles, and the made to be sold in canada sticker...

Yep - that's exactly the same story as our Fry's here in Indy.