4 new HD channel canadates

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Comcast says they're launching their O&O networks (E!, Style, G4, and split up versions of Golf and Versus) on December 8, but it doesn't say whether or not DirecTV is adding them in HD. anyone know if we're getting them or not? Talking to Comcast is like talking to the CIA, I know this first hand.

Also Mountain West Sports Network (The Mtn.) is launching in HD on November 22. Anybody know if we're going to get it?

Comcast says they're launching their O&O networks (E!, Style, G4, and split up versions of Golf and Versus) on December 8, but it doesn't say whether or not DirecTV is adding them in HD. anyone know if we're getting them or not? Talking to Comcast is like talking to the CIA, I know this first hand.

Also Mountain West Sports Network (The Mtn.) is launching in HD on November 22. Anybody know if we're going to get it?

all reports about The Mtn. indicates that it will be on D* but only for those 9 hours specified in the release notes. It should show up in your guide with the -1 channel indicator. there is a thread on the mtn. somewhere describing everything. be sure to check it out for accuracy and check your D* guide for the Mtn. subchannel in HD.

why does DirecTV only have sports channels in HD when theres a live game going on, which are blacked out anyway? I subscribed to Sports Pack thinking I'd get those channels in HD full time. What a ripoff!

why does DirecTV only have sports channels in HD when theres a live game going on, which are blacked out anyway? I subscribed to Sports Pack thinking I'd get those channels in HD full time. What a ripoff!

If everyone could get all the games that are shown on the regional sports channels then nobody would have to pay hundreds of dollars for the NBA/NHL/MLB sports packages. It's been this way every since sports found out they could make a bunch of money by blackout out games unless you paid up.

As for your HD question, DirecTV doesn't have unlimited bandwidth available to them, so then split the bandwidth between the HD PPV channels and the game only HD RSN channels.

Pay per view sucks. They should get rid of it immediately. or at least decrease the amount of ppv channels. why do they need 75 of them? If someone wanted to watch a movie and is willing to pay 10 bucks for it they should get off their ass and drive to Blockbuster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I mean..

SWM - Guide and Authorization Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts