4 sat hook up 110, 119, 129, 61.5

forthvacav

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Goochland, VA
I have a dish 1000.2 and just installed a wing dish to pick up my local hd channels. All birds are good as far as signal strength, do I now run check switch. I have a vip 222 in my great room and a 301 in the back room. When I tried to run a check switch a few minutes ago I got a message----- (the check switch test found you have fewer sats than proviously detected. Press save with result in a loss of channels. Press cancel to keep the original setting and return to the previous menu. Only select save if you are sure that this new setting is correct for your installation or you have added or removed equipment.) Just trying to figure out what my next steps should be.

Regards

Dean Kellam

You need to run a cable from the wing dish to the 1000.2 lnb SAT IN port and then you run check switch. If it's giving you that error, run it again but if the error message keeps coming back then check your connections again. You must use RG6 cable rated to 2150 Mhz to connect the wing dish.

Ok run check switch twice and came up with same statement I made in the beginning. I have the coax run to the recievers and one piece run from one dish lnb to the in lnb of the 1000.2. I there a problem? or do I click on save?

Save it and let's see which satellite you're missing. This will help you troubleshoot which one you're missing. Are you getting the error message every time you run check switch?

Another thing you can do is disconnect 61.5 (LNB IN) and run check switch. If you get the same errror, something is wrong with your 1000.2K dish or cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)