40.0 remote not learning commands from Sony TV remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I just got a new Sony X800H series TV. My Dish 40.0 remote works fine to perform basic TV operations using the TV code, but it doesn't seem to be able to learn any additional commands from the Sony remote.

I go into teaching mode and follow the usual process, and the lights flash as expected, but upon exiting the learning process none of the newly-programmed buttons are doing anything. Could there be something that I'm doing wrong, or is it not possible to learn commands from the Sony remotes?

I just got a new Sony X800H series TV. My Dish 40.0 remote works fine to perform basic TV operations using the TV code, but it doesn't seem to be able to learn any additional commands from the Sony remote.

I go into teaching mode and follow the usual process, and the lights flash as expected, but upon exiting the learning process none of the newly-programmed buttons are doing anything. Could there be something that I'm doing wrong, or is it not possible to learn commands from the Sony remotes?
Is the Sony remote IR? If it is RF your 40 remote can’t learn from it.

Take the remote to another room with a door closed (as near to the TV as possible but totally out of sight - other side of a wall). If it still works it is RF, if it does not work it is most likely IR.

What Dish receiver are you using? I was having difficulty with my 4K Joey not turning on my Sony KDL-40W600B all the time and I went into the Remote Menu on the Joey, searched the Sony TV list, and found my TV. So far, this combo has restored the TV being turned on when I press the "SAT" button on my Dish 40.0 Remote.
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 19.53.54 .png
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 19.54.40 .png
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 19.55.11 .png
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 19.55.47 .png
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 19.56.19 .png
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 19.56.54 .png
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 20.00.44 .png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)