418 HD & 429 HD dvr recordings

jdennis61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Whenever I try to record a baseball game on either of these channels and it's a day game all I get is the check back often messege and no audio.The games are scheduled for the time I set the recorder but something is causing it to not pick up so all I get is that messege for 4 hours. I know the games are on because the other day I switched to the other tuner and there it was! Dish reps say I either didn't power off the receiver at night for software updates, the games are blacked out, or the schedule was changed which none are true. And they won't replace the receiver except at my cost. It's a leased unit. Has anyone else had this happen? I have no problems recording any other channels.
Jeff

I would guess that those are part-time HD RSNs? They are probably mapped down from the actual channel and your DVR can't follow the map. (a problem that will go away when the HD RSNs go full time someday) You could check and see if maybe the thing will record on channels 9418 and 9429. That should take the mapdown out of the equation.

Good Luck, Eric

Or you could set a manual timer for a minute or two after the start of the game broadcast.

I would guess that those are part-time HD RSNs? They are probably mapped down from the actual channel and your DVR can't follow the map. (a problem that will go away when the HD RSNs go full time someday) You could check and see if maybe the thing will record on channels 9418 and 9429. That should take the mapdown out of the equation.

Good Luck, Eric

The HD rsn's are mapped down from 5418 and 5429. 9418 is a PI channel PAEC nad 9429 is Nat Geo HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)