42" Vizio and 622

This is only my opinion.... The digital pixelating on standard definition is a known flaw with the 622 and 722. Every VIZIO I have seen does amplifiy the distortion more than others. The only TV that does the best job of mastering SD is OLEVIA. I don't know why so don't ask. Out of 10-15 OLEVIA TV's I hooked up the 622 and 722 to look awsome in both SD and HD.
Case in point, I had a customer in Sun City West that had a 52" SONY flat panel. After hooking up a 722 with HDMI he pointed out the pixelating on SD. TNT and LifeTime was the worst, I went back the next day with my own HDMI Monster cable from my own TV to his house. No change. Swapped out the 722 with another and no change. Customer returned the TV to Best Buy and called me back when he bought a VIZIO, It looked a little better but he still was not happy. His neighbor had a OLEVIA 48" with a 622 in place and SD looked great. So somehow he returned the VIZIO and I got the call to go back. After lugging the new 52" OLEVIA from his car to the living room I hooked the 722 up with HDMI and it looked AWSOME! All of the standard channels did not pixelate and the HD was even better than the Sony HD.
This is tru with every OLEVIA I have seen, Not sure why but I have never seen a bad picture on the OLEVIA's.

Hope this helps!

I changed to component cables from HDMI and the picture quality increased quite a bit. I even think that HD channels look better.

Check settings for TV on internet

I just got a 46 inch sharp and when I first connected the TV SD didn't look that good. I used the picture settings from AVS forums and my picture quality improved a lot for SD. There are so many setting and who reads the manual. Go PATS. :)

Just my 5 cents to this:

I have a 42" Pioneer Plasma and haven't seen any problems with DISH SD channels as well. But, IMHO, Pioneer's scalers are one of the best in the consumer market.

As a general idea, Pioneer, Panasonic, Sony and some newest Samsung's should give you decent/good SD quality.
That is not true for Vizio, Polaroid and such...

I replaced 2 Vizio's 32 & 47 with Sharp's 32 & 57 and both the HD and especially SD is waaay better on the Sharps, mainly due to the Sharps better CR and processing. I have 622's on each set and the PQ difference between the 2 brands is just night and day. I have no issues with E's SD broacasts in general, just try to avoid them unless the content can't be seen on HD.

My 1978 RCA console tv looks like crap but my 52" LCD HD Sony looks Amazing with my 622 using HDMI.
I really do have that RCA in my garage, I use it for a work bench. Can't say that about the new flat TV's, What are we gonna use them for when they die out? Boogie Boards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)