49.1 (RF 20) METV Replaced by QVC (Ugh!) in Little Rock, AR

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
RF 20 in LIttle Rock DMA has dropped METV (RF 20.2 as 49-1) and replaced it with QVC (RF 20.2 as 20-2). Sad day. RF 20 is labeled "UNIV/METV" on Rabbitears.info so I guess that also needs changing now. METV was still available in Little Rock DMA on RF 47 (as 49-1) as well as COZI TV (49-2) the last time I was able to pull it in (~1 month ago).

R.I.P. METV (for me).

RF 20 in LIttle Rock DMA has dropped METV (RF 20.2 as 49-1) and replaced it with QVC (RF 20.2 as 20-2). Sad day. RF 20 is labeled "UNIV/METV" on Rabbitears.info so I guess that also needs changing now. METV was still available in Little Rock DMA on RF 47 (as 49-1) as well as COZI TV (49-2) the last time I was able to pull it in (~1 month ago).

R.I.P. METV (for me).

QVC pays the affiliates it's on, and the affiliate also gets a commission for every sale made, so my guess would be that's why.

Reactions: Highstepper

R.I.P. METV (for me).
That blows! If they had added QVC it might make sense but to take away METV and replace it with QVC is, in my opinion, cutting your own throat. :boom

That blows! If they had added QVC it might make sense but to take away METV and replace it with QVC is, in my opinion, cutting your own throat. :boom

Depends. If they are guaranteed to get, say, $2000 a month from QVC + commission, it might have made sense financially. In the Kansas City area we have "HSN" on it's own frequency by itself with no other sub-channels; K45IO-D. Several other affiliates have QVC's and Jewelry Network also. They must be making money with them.

Depends. If they are guaranteed to get, say, $2000 a month from QVC + commission, it might have made sense financially. In the Kansas City area we have "HSN" on it's own frequency by itself with no other sub-channels; K45IO-D. Several other affiliates have QVC's and Jewelry Network also. They must be making money with them.
Just doesn't make sense financially to me if you alienate a large portion of your viewers. METV is very popular as a subchannel so I can't see any situation where it would make sense to take it away completely. I know personally we have access to three shopping channels (one of them QVC) OTA here on 64 WQPX. The only time we have ever watched them is when we accidentally tune too far up the channel list and they aren't on for more than a second or two then. :rolleyes:

Is Me-TV still being carried on KMYA-LD in town? I've been told that KLRA-CD 20 is no longer commonly owned with KMYA-LD.

- Trip

Is Me-TV still being carried on KMYA-LD in town?
.... snip ...
- Trip
It WAS still available, as I tried to indicate here:
METV was still available in Little Rock DMA on RF 47 (as 49-1) as well as COZI TV (49-2) the last time I was able to pull it in (~1 month ago).
Rabbitears has RF 47 listed as KMYA-LP. I don't live in town and only have 2 edge reception of the LR DMA so can't answer that definitively. Apparently, KMYA-LP (RF 47) was off air until recently. I was the one who reported it was in operation (~ 1 month ago) and you corrected the Rabbitears listing for it. I was only able to get it for < ~ a week. They (RF 47) probably were running a little hot on initial startup and turned down the power to LD level. KLRA-CD (RF 20) disappered (I can usually get it) at the same time so I figured something was going on.

...Snip...
I've been told that KLRA-CD 20 is no longer commonly owned with KMYA-LD.

- Trip
Don't know about that but, that would explain all the machinations going on with them. If METV is still on KMYA-LP (LD?) (RF 47), like I expect, and it and KLRA-CD (RF 20) are no longer co-owned, then probably only one of the 2 would have rights to the METV programming. That would explain METV leaving KLRA-CD (RF 20). But I am speculating so ...

Found this about KMYA-LP:

KMYA-DT, Camden, AR; KMYA-LP, Sheridan, AR.

KMYA-DT, Camden, AR; KMYA-LP, Sheridan, AR

Description
Granted the application for assignment of KMYA-DT and KMYA-LP from I Square Media, LLC to LR Telecasting LLC
Seems to indicate that KMYA-LP has changed hands.

KMYA-DT - Wikipedia indicates that the above mentioned I Square Media used to own KMYA-DT (of Camden) which had an agreement with KLRA-CD (RF 20 - Pinnacle Media) to rebroadcast KMYA-DT METV in Little Rock. This seems to indicate that LR Telecasting LLC (new owner of KMYA-DT and KMYA-LP) no longer needs KLRA-CD (RF 20) to rebroadcast METV on KLRA-CD (RF 20) since it has resurrected KMYA-LP (RF 47) to rebroadcast it.

What a mess .

Last edited:
Reactions: comfortably_numb
Trip
Here is new info for KLRA-CD RF 20 in Little Rock DMA:

RF Virt Call SID PMT Video *Aspect V Mbps PCR *A kbps Content
20.1 20-1 KLRA-CD 1 48 1920x1080i 16:9(Wide) 49 11.2 49 52 199.68 Univision
20.2 20-2 KLRA-CD 2 64 704x480i 4:3(16:9LB) 65 2.4 65 68 199.77 QVC
20.3 20-3 KLRA-CD 3 80 704x480i 4:3 81 2.3 81 84 199.75 Jewelry TV
20.4 20-4 KLRA-CD 4 96 704x480i 4:3 ** 97 2.3 97 100 199.75 Infomercials

Sorry, I can't seem to line the columns up on the data. What I see in the editor is not what I get.:facepalm

* Wide=Widescreen HD; LB=16:9 letterboxed into 4:3
** Strange tall squished picture that doesn't use entire width of 4:3 screen
See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• KLRA-CD-20-1.jpg
    KLRA-CD-20-1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 294
  • KLRA-CD-20-2.jpg
    KLRA-CD-20-2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 224
  • KLRA-CD-20-3.jpg
    KLRA-CD-20-3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 261
  • KLRA-CD-20-4.jpg
    KLRA-CD-20-4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)