Status
Please reply by conversation.

TMair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Midway, Utah
Hello all
I have a 4Dtv on a 7.5' dish, I have read that if you park your dish on one of the ANIK sats it will overload your receiver memory, I like watching ASN, I have not had any trouble.
My question is if I park on either of those sats with the tuner set to C Band rather then Ku, will it still download the guide information? I understand it is the Ku side that has that info, and do both ANIK sats have the guide? If not which one is it?
My dish has a C Ku feed horn, and both are hooked up to the receiver, and my DVB box, just to clarify.

Thanks in advance
Terry

Terry
On all 4DTV units you can park it on the C-Band side with no issues. Its when you have it go to the KU side will it overload the memory. The 905 does not have that issue (no analog tuner)

Since there isnt anything on KU for the 4DTV anyways alot of folks dont even hook the KU side up to the 4DTV anymore and instead go straight to the DVB receiver

TDT will overflow on a 922 and 920 if you go to the ku side on Anik F1r. A master reset will be required. I get around that by using a DSR-405 with an offset LNBF on one of my ku dishes to pickup the few Starchoice free channels. Like Ice says if you stay on C band you have nothing to worry about on the 4D.

Terry
On all 4DTV units you can park it on the C-Band side with no issues. Its when you have it go to the KU side will it overload the memory. The 905 does not have that issue (no analog tuner)

Since there isnt anything on KU for the 4DTV anyways alot of folks dont even hook the KU side up to the 4DTV anymore and instead go straight to the DVB receiver

Well now that makes sense doesn't it!!!

Old dog here, it never even occured to me to NOT have the Ku side hooked up to the 4Dtv, so a bug DUH

Thanks
Terry

Terry dont be hard on yourself...

after the HITS stuff that was X4 (99W KU) disappeared 2 years ago that left 2 KU muxes
Georgia PBS on K3 (87W)
Oklahoma PBS on K5 (79W)

GPB left satellite and OETA (OK PBS) went to 125W and DVB-S2 so if I remember right there is nothing on KU anymore for the 4DTV. I'm excluding the freebie channels on Starchoice/Shaw Direct because they are the ones to screw up the 4DTV ;)

Ok another question, I just unhooked the Ku cable from the back of my receiver, but left it hooked to the splitter, question don't I need to power the LNB some how? now I cant get any signal on Ku from any sat.
Thanks again
Terry

I'm assuming you have a diseqc switch hooked up so the DVB receiver you have can see both C& KU?

Just hook the KU side directly to the switch. You no longer need that splitter. The DVB receiver will power the KU side now

Ok I was wondering if that is what I should have done, but didn't know how the whole power thing worked, and I didn't want to burn something out.
Thanks again.
Terry

just make sure you power off the receiver with the switch on the back when adding/removing switches as to not blow up the switches ;)

just make sure you power off the receiver with the switch on the back when adding/removing switches as to not blow up the switches ;)
Thanks, got it switched over, and all is working...sorta, I think I need to replace my Ku side cable, my wife wanted a sprinkler system put it, the guy cut the cable...twice:mad: why didn't blue stakes find that?:eek: the cable had been in the ground so long I forgot all about it, I just ran a new cable for the C band side, but didn't think much about the Ku side, but now I am finding channels on Ku DVB that I like so i guess I will get it changed.
(The blue stake thing was a joke)
Thanks for all of the help
Terry

What about the voltage for both c & ku LNB? Is the receiver voltage the same as the 4DTV?

I don't know anything about that, but I hooked it up like Ice suggested and it works, I have tried it on two DVB boxes and they both seam to work.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)