4DTV receiver w/ FTA receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

candyman1

Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I need help with hooking up my FTA recv. as a slave. I believe i have it hooked up properly - splitting the C-band and KU-band with two splitters and then using a diseqc switch with two cables feeding into it and then a cable going into the FTA receiver. Does this sound right? I followed the diagram on the DMS internation al site.

My questions are: I can't seem to get good signal on the FTA unit but on my 4D unit i get good signal on AMC7 - any ideas on what I can try? Also if you have the FTA Recv. as a slave how are you suppose to see the signal strength on the FTA unit to do your searchs on a sat?

Thanks for helping me in advance

Candyman

You may need to bump the dish and maybe even the skew, the DVB box should have a meter so you can look at that while bumping and skewing with the 4dtv to the highest quality point.

Hi, Sorry I don't have an answer, but please post your results. I'm very close to getting a DVB box also and and wondering how well it works with your system.

I've heard that the "blind search" function eliminates alot of the above tweaking. does your box do that?

From the FTA forum it sounds like you can spend days messing with skews/transponders/frequencies just to watch an ethiopian horse race. If you find that it's usable without alot of ugliness....I'm going to order one myself.

-Jerry

I am still confused on setting up the 4dtv receiver with the DVB receiver. I get a stong signal on the c-band and am getting no quality on the DVB.

I tried setting up a seperate TV to check my signal strength on the DVB and had no luck with that either.

I am sure i am missing something real easy.

I know how to tune and tweak my big dish no problem. Most of my signal stregths are real strong on the 4dtv.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Candyman

Tune the 4dtv to the right polarity and try to pull in NBC on AMC-4, connect the C-band direct to the DVB box and see if it works, you may have a defective switch or splitter.

Tdti1 your the man!!!!!!

Well I hooked in the C-band feed right to the DVB box and pulled in 9 channels on AMC-4. Should I been able to pull in the CBS/ABC feeds as well?

Tired the same on another Sat for KU and pulled in those channels perfectly.

I think the splitters are working fine.

I think my problem is the DISeqc switch. Do you need to tell the DVB box where you have the KU and c-band feeds coming into the DIseqc switch?

I am still confused on when I get everything working how the picture will show on one TV? Like if I am on AMC-4 and on TP22 watching Bravo how do I get to see the NBC feeds on the DVB box on one TV?

Thanks

Yes when setting up a new satellite in the DVB, it should ask you lnb or port and you will need to select what port your C-band is and your Ku-band is, most dealers and hobbyists put the C-band in port one and Ku-band in port two, on the switch and so you will need to select this for each satellite letting the box know what port to use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts