4K in the Lower Tiers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
I just spoke to a rep on the phone regarding 4K programming. She told me that the four 4K channels will be included in the lowest tier very soon. Has anyone heard that this is true?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I got some info about that this morning. Select and Mas Latino and above. Looks like mid December the change may occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good change. I have 4K equipment and setup with DirecTV for 4K, but will not pay for the Ultimate package for the one 24/7 channel and the occasional live events.

We're at the days that HD fees need to be retired, not the days or finding new ways to charge fees. The programming should match any other package. If they want to put the 4k speciality channel in a higher package, that is fine, but when NBC or MLB Network have a 4k broadcast, that should tie to the package for that channel.

Good change.

From a marketing standpoint putting the 4K channels in the lower tiers really makes sense. Dish has zero 4K channels so if you are like thousands of new 4K TV owners, who ya gonna call?

Well with 4K TVs now being purchased by everyone and not just techies that must have the newest gadget, it makes sense to put the 4K channels in the lowest tier.

And with homes soon having multi-4K TVs at&t/DirecTV will face a problem with the current limits the HR54 has multi 4K TVs. So either they quickly build a bigger Genie or they OK mult-Genies household.

I see a point where they need to release a 4K standalone DVR. They also need to get the situation with internationals figured out and reverse band. I do see HBO going 4K soon and we have already seen Altitude Sports do their first 4K events. RSN's in 4K are coming.

I'm not sure what Scott's doing, there was some information about an upcoming receiver that was also contained in the same message about the 4K. Usually he is on top of posting info like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Dish has zero 4K channels so if you are like thousands of new 4K TV owners, who ya gonna call?

You're right - no "channels" - but some VOD, 4k Netflix from the Hopper3, 4k for the sports bar feature, and proof of concept with 4k Olympics. No tier restrictions apply so far. We'll see when actual 4k cable channels appear.

Well it hasn't changed yet. I'm not much of an NBA fan but tried to tune in the 4K game to see if it worked and not subscribed (I have Xtra).

Hopefully this is a change coming soon.

Well it hasn't changed yet. I'm not much of an NBA fan but tried to tune in the 4K game to see if it worked and not subscribed (I have Xtra).

Hopefully this is a change coming soon.
I wonder if you might have to refresh your services or possibly reboot for it to work ?

Haven't seen or heard anything. Unfortunately many of my good contacts were canned by AT&T after they took over.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Not only them but the DIRECTV people that fix the software problems they fired and the tech that was at my house told me that today (Saturday) and told me a few other things they have done he don't like but he told me a good thing for new customers I don't know if Scott would want me to post here

Not only them but the DIRECTV people that fix the software problems they fired and the tech that was at my house told me that today (Saturday) and told me a few other things they have done he don't like but he told me a good thing for new customers I don't know if Scott would want me to post here
Do you really think the software guys communicate with the everyday workers ?

The thing about 4K is that it's a great buzz word from a marketing standpoint. Most everybody out there understands that 4K is better than 2K. If it's better than I want it, especially if it doesn't cost me any more. The American adage holds true here. Bigger is better

Do you really think the software guys communicate with the everyday workers ?
This guy was assistant manager for this area and he talked to the guys who do software updates and I heard him with the manager in ISS tech person say it on his phone speaker

Reactions: Jimbo
In regards to 4K content, I noticed there have been 2 NBA games on channel 104 over the past 2 weeks that I didn't see advertised anywhere. And now that Notre Dame 4K games are over, there is literally nothing. I too am frustrated with the lack of content provided by the networks. What are some of the best sites for tracking these updates, other than just googling every week?

With so little 4k event content right now, I find it best to just leave channel 106 in my favorites on the guide. It shows the "upcoming" event in the guide often upwards of a week in advance, because there are so few.

Reactions: peelpub94
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts