4K Joey Netflix...........

Also, the fact that the Joey will need its own securities while also using the Hoppers securities, since it gets its Internet from the Hopper also makes that difference.

Scott knows more than he's allowed to say. He's made it abundantly clear, and what he has said is that it is clearly in Netflix's hands. So I'll just ignore the rest of the noise that was painful to read.

Bunch of crap. Lets put the youtube channel on and not netflix on 4k joey as promised. It's coming up on a year..

Im not buying "its in Netflix hands".
I'll leave it at that.

In the Meantime Walmart is having a Black Friday sale on the Chromecast 2 for $25 and Roku Express For $25.
Happy Thanksgiving all... :)

Reactions: brad1138
YouTube is not available on the 4K Joey.
Which is why I think it's a Joey4k Hardware issue regarding streaming 4K. When I tried those free shows via "on demand" through the Joey 4k it was horrible. So stuttery. Not a bandwidth issue either. The Olympic 4k non-streaming channel was great, my 4k Smart TV native streaming apps work great. I am guessing that the Netfix and Youtuber apps on the Joey 4k look similar to the horrible On Demand 4k and that's why they will not approve their apps yet.

Poor Scott. His hands are tied, and people are going to believe what they want to believe, despite any evidence to the contrary.
Thats just it, There is no evidence.
Hear say, Thats it.

Scotts hands aren't tied, No one is blaming him.

But if we want to play the blame game, then I've yet to see anything to support either claim.
Nexflix would have much to gain being included in as many applications as possible.

So that leads me to believe Dish is more of the reason you don't have it.
Look how long it too just to have Netflix on the Joeys with a Hopper 3.
Obviously something in the H3 couldn't support the feature at the time.

I put my money its the same issue.

Yeah, this has been a big disappointment to us too. When we talked to Dish about moving back to Dish from Directv this year (which we've done) the person I talked to assured me that Netflix would be on the 4K Joey's "within a month or so" - this was in August - and so we went with the 4K Joeys instead of the regular or wireless Joey. Made sense - it's working on the OTHER Joeys, Working on the Hopper 3, of course it is going to be on the top of the line Joey.

I know, never believe the customer service people (I've had satellite since 1995.) I will be fascinated to find out why the 4K Joey is so different from the Hopper 3 and the other Joey's that it has taken so long to get Netfix on it.

I don't have my 4K Joey connected to a 4K TV . I paid $50 to get it so I could use PIP and Netflix as well as the faster processor. Has anyone been successful in getting Dish to refund the $50 and send a Joey 2 to replace the 4k Joey? Scott keeps saying it will never have PIP. which was the most important reason for me to get it.

Reactions: Dirtydan and Riah
It's likely to be an issue with delivering 4k content. If you are desperate to get HD Netflix on a Joey and have no other way (there are many cheap alternatives), just downgrade to a Joey2. All the complaining and paranoia isn't going to change anything. It will get here when it gets here. How many times does Scott have to explain.

Scott thanks for the advice. I agree if no refund and no PIP on the Joey 2 , then the only issue is how long will we need to wait for Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts