Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I have a Favorites set up on my 4K Joey in the bedroom, a subset of all the channels consisting my Local channels, some of the music channels, and HD versions of the channels we usually watch. I set up the "My HD" favorites last year. Since U475, however, if I press Guide on certain channels, it's like the one page is all I can access. Pressing Up and Down navigates the one page, and no more. If I switch back to All Channels, exit to the guide, I can scroll the whole list. If I then go back to the "My HD" favorites, I can now scroll the entire list of channels I selected for "My HD".

Anyone else see this?

It seems to be around midnight that this guide madness occurs. Every day this happens.

The other thing that happens in my setup is my 4K Joey automatically tuned to the Science channel 191. I didn't do that, my Joey decided to. There are no timers set to Auto Tune.

Maybe if I reset my 4K Joey back to factory it won't be possessed?

—Roland

The other thing that happens in my setup is my 4K Joey automatically tuned to the Science channel 191. I didn't do that, my Joey decided to. There are no timers set to Auto Tune.

Maybe if I reset my 4K Joey back to factory it won't be possessed?

—Roland
Go to Settings, Power, set Power On to Tune to last channel...

Go to Settings, Power, set Power On to Tune to last channel...
Ah-ha! That was exactly it and makes sense as the times I have watched "How it's Made" on Science while getting ready in the morning would make it the "Smart" choice.

Thanks, Bobby! Next round's on me!

Well, it happened again tonight, so I broke out the iPhone and grabbed some video:

(When the cursor gets to the top or bottom of the screen, I'm still pressing the "Up" or "Down" button, but nothing happens)

I get the same kind of issue only with my Regional Sports Networks. Root Rocky Mountain and BTN. Every time I wake the Hopper and go to the Guide the RSNs are showing and scrolling doesn't work. If I collapse the Root RM sub-channels then scrolling works without and issue. Weird.

This only occurs if I have one of my favorites selected on the Guide menu.

Hopper 3 only no Joey's.

I've got an H3, 2 4K Joeys, and I have reported that same problem with the favorites. Can't use the page down or up on the guide when it's set to my favorites, have to set back to all, then back to the Favorites I select and then it works. No idea why the favorites guide is broken that way for some of us. Just for data - are you using the small text and modern guide? Some people with this problem says it goes away when using Larger Text for Guide (though that's not an option for me as I really dislike the guide with larger text.)

I've got an H3, 2 4K Joeys, and I have reported that same problem with the favorites. Can't use the page down or up on the guide when it's set to my favorites, have to set back to all, then back to the Favorites I select and then it works. No idea why the favorites guide is broken that way for some of us. Just for data - are you using the small text and modern guide? Some people with this problem says it goes away when using Larger Text for Guide (though that's not an option for me as I really dislike the guide with larger text.)

"Camo" posted in a different thread that removing the collapsible RSN listings solved the problem for him. My favorite that is acting up is for sports so yeah not really an option. Using small text and modern guide.

Hmmm, the last two items in my Favorites has my two RSN channels expanded. If I collapse them, now I can navigate out of the tarpits of the upper range of the Guide. Thanks for the suggestion!

I had a Hopper w/Sling and a Super Joey and they both did this. Also doing it with my new Hopper 3 and 4k Joey, so it's clearly a Dish software issue. You CAN scroll out to the right and back, but you won't be able to jump 2-1/2 hours ahead or skip forward 24 hours. Those are locked too. And you can't set timers. PITA....

The following was just sent to DISH Retailers...

Beginning March 1, 2017, all receivers will be updated in how they retrieve Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data. This data includes program titles, descriptions, tile artwork, and information that is necessary for the correct operation of DVR timers. Because of this new update, the following issues may occur:
Known issues:

• Guide and info screen descriptions – The customer may see foreign language descriptions for English programming, or may see wrong, incomplete, or missing descriptions.
• Ratings – The customer may see incorrect or missing ratings for programs, which can affect parental controls.

• Recordings and timers – The customer may see missing recordings, timers not starting, or duplicate recordings.
• Wrong or missing images on tile artwork – The customer may see the DISH logo, basic channel logos, poorly sized pictures, or wrong artwork on program tiles.
• Search – The customer may see wrong, unexpected, or no results from searching. • Auto-suggest – The customer may see no results or unrelated suggestions.

Please note: The issues above cannot be fixed through regular troubleshooting. Instead, they will be resolved by DISH as part of a proactive clean-up process that will take a few weeks. In almost all cases, the customer viewing experience will not be impacted.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Beginning March 1, 2017, all receivers will be updated in how they retrieve Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data. This data includes program titles, descriptions, tile artwork, and information that is necessary for the correct operation of DVR timers. Because of this new update, the following issues may occur:
Known issues:

• Guide and info screen descriptions – The customer may see foreign language descriptions for English programming, or may see wrong, incomplete, or missing descriptions.
• Ratings – The customer may see incorrect or missing ratings for programs, which can affect parental controls.

• Recordings and timers – The customer may see missing recordings, timers not starting, or duplicate recordings.
• Wrong or missing images on tile artwork – The customer may see the DISH logo, basic channel logos, poorly sized pictures, or wrong artwork on program tiles.
• Search – The customer may see wrong, unexpected, or no results from searching. • Auto-suggest – The customer may see no results or unrelated suggestions.

Please note: The issues above cannot be fixed through regular troubleshooting. Instead, they will be resolved by DISH as part of a proactive clean-up process that will take a few weeks. In almost all cases, the customer viewing experience will not be impacted.

Customers may see missing recordings, timers not starting - but the customer viewing experience will not be impacted??

Yeah, we won't notice any difference at all. Most will just chalk it up to usual DISH software glitches and bugs that are always prevalent in any DISH receiver, I have ever had in my 20 years with DISH. :boxing

Known issues:

So I was told last week that a fix would be coming on March 16. As of yesterday nothing has changed, and the Dish rep I talked to said that nothing had been done by them yet. Dish, when are you going to fix this? I'm still getting all the problems that are mentioned, including skipped recordings plus double recordings of "Only New"! I feel like a non-voluntary beta tester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)