4k Linear channels coming to Dish anytime soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For Chris Calcinari, SVP, Remote Operations for ESPN and ABC Sports the decision to build the space with 4K in mind was purely a strategic one.

“If you are going to build a new facility today, why would you build it any other way,” Calcinari says, noting the network’s early efforts to ramp up its 4K initiatives (last year, ESPN produced a weekly college football game and a weekly college basketball game in UHD). “
We are going to operate the facility in 1080p, but we wanted to have the technical capabilities to upgrade.”

Inside ESPN’s New 4K-Capable Video Content Factory on the Las Vegas Strip
What will they do when 8K becomes the new darling, sooner than we think, whilst they are doing all the upgrades to 4K, no doubt :).

At this point I would settle for a uncompressed 1080P picture. I guess bandwidth is the cause of the slightly less than spectacular picture. But what do I know. The wife would tell you I know very little. I would be real mad if that weren't true

Reactions: niceguypmp3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)