OTHER 4K STB

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
so im posting this to see what PPL are using for 4K STB??????????? what are you using and why do u like it? im looking to get a 4K STB but want to hear what ppl got to say. zgemma h7 octagon sf4008 dreambox dm900 vu+ solo 4k gigablue uhd ue 4k let me know

Not much for 4K up there, but so far I am using a TBS-6903 PCIe card, SmartDVB(64) and DVBDream software. Not sure I would spring for another FTA box unless it does 422, but opinions vary of course.

I have a Z Gemma H7 From Tek2000 and I now use it as my main satellite receiver after getting thought the Learning curb.
They do sell them now with Blind Scan and All Channels set up so you don't have to blind scan. I only have a 8 foot dish so I was only able to get Nasa 4k and it worked on my Old HDTV I don't have a 4k tv yet. I am waiting for tv's with ATSC 3.0 in them. I have done quite a few video's reviewing my Zgemma H7.
It also has a ATSC tuner in it and it can stream to my phone computer etc using a web interface thought the WebBrowser.

In my opinion, the VU Plus Zero 4k is by far the best 4k currently available on the market. Excellent price at under $180 including 3-day DHL from the U.K., accurate blindscan in under 8:30 minutes (worst case) per satellite with most images supporting.
I'm glad to see you comment on this. It has been recommended to me by a person that has one and has been helping out with my set up. I'm about to purchase one and have been looking for some feed back on it. Seems like no one in the US sells them so I guess it will be a out of country purchase.

Mut@nt HD 51.
mutant-digital.net/?page_id=1737
The english used on the homesite is disastrous... But, let's forgive them, they're germans...
If you watch youtubes about the receiver, you'll see a bunch of people think it has maybe the best performance/price ratio...

I agree with Cham's post. A htpc with pcie,pci or usb tuner and fairly current gpu. I have 2 tuners and gtx1050 in a ten year old pc with dvbviewer, 4k and mpeg4 4.2.2 are no problem + Streaming services. So pc for home theater. I only use stb in bedroom.

Please do not post links to boxes that promote hacking.

I use a VU+ Zero 4k and am very satisfied with it. However I don't have a 4K TV. 4K signals are down converted to 1080i but even then they look great.

I'd recommend this receiver to anyone.

Sent from my moto x4 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks! Does anyone know if:

1. The IR frequencies/remote interfere with that of the Amiko RE/HD265
2. If AliEditor can be used to manually add/delete channels and satellites

Thanks! Does anyone know if:

1. The IR frequencies/remote interfere with that of the Amiko RE/HD265
2. If AliEditor can be used to manually add/delete channels and satellites

1. Different manufacturers provide remotes that aren't generally compatible with devices from other manufacturers. So, the remotes shouldn't control other devices from other manufacturers but some remotes can be used as "universal" remotes if so programmed. If, on the other hand, you have something like 2 Gbox units next to each other, the remote for either one will control both units. It makes my wife angry when I tell my Gbox to go to position P11 (using the remote control) when she's watching a program on position P6 on the other Gbox - since the 2 Gbox units are next to each other, the remote will send both Gbox devices to P11. Of course, after a few seconds her Gbox goes back to P6 automatically.

2. Why can't they set up these receivers to use a standard editor that can be used by all satellite receivers? Why can't the channel lists be edited with Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc? And why do I need 2 versions of the AliEditor - one for the 9000i and a different one for the GeoSat Pro microHD? Besides, my AliEditor for the 9000i keeps corrupting my 9000i. I haven't tried the one for the microHD. And then there is a different editor for the Azbox and probably other receivers.

BTW, does anyone make a quad core STB?

The Enigma2 OS (VU+ Zero 4K quadcore) STB user files use any .xml editor software (or edit with a text editor).

I'll have to keep that in mind. I was looking at that receiver and the manual for it. I noticed that it doesn't have a loop-thru connector and the manual didn't indicate if the DDR4 memory could be upgraded or even be replaceable. I don't know much about the flash memory either. And the manual didn't mention how the time was set or if it could be synced to a NTP server.

According to the specs at VU Plus it is a dual core processor. The ULTIMO 4K is quad core though (VU Plus).

Yes, Dual core - For $180 with 3-day DHL... quite a bargain. Yes, E2 allows user setting for NTP time.

Not sure if the other VU+ 4k models support hardware blindscan. That is a must have feature in my world.

Never use loop through as a dual output LNB is much more useful. Not aware of any STB with upgradeable memory. No, the Zero 4k doesn't have slots for user upgrades. The OS would need to be coded to be compatible for user upgrades. Likely, you could join a E2 group to write for a memory upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)